Red Flag Goes up On Ohio State running back Chris "Beanie'' Wells

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Posted by Brian Allee-Walsh, The Times-Picayune April 20, 2009 4:34PM
Categories: NFL, Saints
The last thing former Ohio State running back Chris "Beanie'' Wells needs during the final days leading up the draft is to get off on the wrong foot.

Or, an injured foot based on a report that surfaced today.

Some mock drafts have Saints officials selecting him at No. 14 in the first round, one or two have him going higher in the round.

How this affects his draft status remains to be seen. If there is credence to the report, it certainly could impact where he goes in round one, meaning he could possibly lose out on mucho dinero.

Wells already is battling reports from some NFL scouts who question his durability and whether he justifies a top 10 to 20 selection.

It means that a team that is interested in him will need to do its due diligence in evaluating him in the days and hours leading up the draft.

Stay tuned.

DFWJC

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2738675 said:
Posted by Brian Allee-Walsh, The Times-Picayune April 20, 2009 4:34PM
Categories: NFL, Saints
The last thing former Ohio State running back Chris "Beanie'' Wells needs during the final days leading up the draft is to get off on the wrong foot.

Or, an injured foot based on a report that surfaced today.

Some mock drafts have Saints officials selecting him at No. 14 in the first round, one or two have him going higher in the round.

How this affects his draft status remains to be seen. If there is credence to the report, it certainly could impact where he goes in round one, meaning he could possibly lose out on mucho dinero.

Wells already is battling reports from some NFL scouts who question his durability and whether he justifies a top 10 to 20 selection.

It means that a team that is interested in him will need to do its due diligence in evaluating him in the days and hours leading up the draft.

Stay tuned.

Most mocks have him going anywhere from 12-14 (NO) to 31-32(AZ). For a big guy, the one thing you would really hope for is durability. So this is a head-scratcher.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
DFWJC;2738680 said:
Most mocks have him going anywhere from 12-14 (NO) to 31-32(AZ). For a big guy, the one thing you would really hope for is durability. So this is a head-scratcher.

i posted another article about him, something about a bone issue he has, so he could fall

MonsterD

Quota outta absentia
Reaction score
Oh man that is crazy, if they confirm the bone issue he would be like Mike Sherrard. Why would the saints take a RB anyways?? Shouldn't their priority be CB?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
One thing the kid knows how to carry the rock. He has very good size and while he is not fast he has an excellent acceleration along with very good vision. I think someone will end up with a very good RB in Wells

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
MonsterD;2738718 said:
Oh man that is crazy, if they confirm the bone issue he would be like Mike Sherrard. Why would the saints take a RB anyways?? Shouldn't their priority be CB?

Monster D, the saints want a big power back, like they had with mcallister, kinda like the cowboys had last year with barber and felix jones before they got hurt.

Or like the titans use in their running back tandem with white and chris johnson, white runs over you and chris johnson runs by you with pure speed.

so. thats what the saints want to do

Vinnie2u

Reaction score
He's my prediction to be the biggest bust in the first round...

RESIN8

Reaction score
I don't think NOLA was going to take Wells. I have them taking Moreno and this was before the rumors about V Davis. Seems like a mix of the BPA and need for them.

Saints don't have a true running back and you don't win games throwing more than 40 times a game like Brees has been doing. If they develop a running game it will keep the defense off the field.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
RESIN8;2738892 said:
I don't think NOLA was going to take Wells. I have them taking Moreno and this was before the rumors about V Davis. Seems like a mix of the BPA and need for them.

Saints don't have a true running back and you don't win games throwing more than 40 times a game like Brees has been doing. If they develop a running game it will keep the defense off the field.

agree resin, i do think the saints will take a rb in 1st round too, but whom i dont know;

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
irvin4evs;2739017 said:
Chris Wells is gonna be a killer. He's better than McFadden or AP I think.

If he can stay healthy, Wells will be a very good RB in this league. But the best RB in this draft is Moreno. Donald Brown is not half bad either. All legit first rounders.

Some team is going to be ecstatic if Wells falls to the bottom of the first, AZ for one.

irvin4evs

Benched
Reaction score
I love Moreno, but I think Wells is really out of this world if he stays healthy. I haven't ever seen a guy as big and powerful as him with that sort of explosiveness. He's also extremely patient and methodical as far as effort exertion, so he'll be highly effective as games wear on.