Red Zone idea

Mauricio

Reaction score
Hey friends, how about this in the Red Zone. lining Pat Watkins with a 6-5 frame on one side of the field as a WR and T.O (6-3), on the other with double TE formation (leaving the CB alone with the WR), then the QB will decide which of the two WR has the height advantage (over the CB), and send him a high ball, for our WR to out jump the CB.

Just an idea

Go Cowboys

Mauricio

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Mauricio said:
Hey friends, how about this in the Red Zone. lining Pat Watkins with a 6-5 frame on one side of the field as a WR and T.O (6-3), on the other with double TE formation (leaving the CB alone with the WR), then the QB will decide which of the two WR has the height advantage (over the CB), and send him a high ball, for our WR to out jump the CB.

Just an idea

Go Cowboys

Mauricio

That's not a bad idea...send it in to Parcells! :)

:star:

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
hmm, maye it might work fade route corner of the endzone jump ball, me likie

rawr

JonCJG

Reaction score
Then send in Spears in as a fullback and put Polite in as our RB. With Witten at TE, they wouldn't know what we were going to do.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
KD said:
Then send in Spears in as a fullback and put Polite in as our RB. With Witten at TE, they wouldn't know what we were going to do.

Not sure about Watkins as a WR but he sure can jump.

This idea I like a lot and don't be surprised to see this at some point this year. The problem here is you lose a lot of options altho you can still throw the ball as well as the obvious running play. Spears can even catch the ball.

sbark

Reaction score
An old pat Summerall adage----that probably the reason he is a DB, not a receiver...........hands....got em' or you dont'

good idea, but the rookies got enough on his plate to learn before adding to it with offense sets.....lets see if he can read and get to the deep crossing route that bit T-New vrs. Minn. before pulling out a sharpie w/ T.O...

i know, if was likely RoyW. deep responsibility, but his time will come also...

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
FLcowboy said:
Send it to Jerry, we all know he calls the plays.

:laugh2:

Well, it's his currency that he is spending! I wonder what he will name the play?

32 face lift and go...on three!