Redball is NOT a genius and SOB is not perfect

burmafrd

Reaction score
He is not all knowing and incapable of mistakes.

Our Head Coach needs to have a conversation with him about balance.
And when its a good time to run the ball.

Our Head Coach this week has to step up and bang some heads and get the team together. And part of that job is letting the assistant coaches KNOW when they have screwed the pooch.

ANd our Head Coach needs to explain why he did not pull a QB who was having a very bad game and was nursing an injury to his throwing hand.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
the inside the 10 play calling I thought was particuarly bad...right after MBIII had a good run the first time, they went to the shotgun on 2nd and goal...passes twice in a row, Romo threw an awful pick

happened again later...MBII had a good run to get us inside the 5, then nothing but passing again from the shotgun

I have never thought our OL was great at run blocking, but today, liek so many other games they didnt even give them much of a chance...as big as our guys our, we should be able to blow up light weight teams like Philly up front, especially inside the 5

David

khiladi

Reaction score
dbair1967;1838646 said:
I have never thought our OL was great at run blocking, but today, liek so many other games they didnt even give them much of a chance...as big as our guys our, we should be able to blow up light weight teams like Philly up front, especially inside the 5

Which may be the reason why they aren't that good. They have had plenty of time to develop into a solid pass protecting line, but rarely do they get a chance to get fluidity in establishing a running game. With the size of our line, we should be able to tire DL out, even if we are only above average in run blocking.

Reaction score
First game this year we didn't score at least 24 points.

Romo looked pretty bad against Buffalo too and we know how that turned out.

On this basis alone, I think we should all be willing to give Garrett and Phillips a pass for today.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The lack of running plays really puzzles me. Especially with our gigantic line.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
We lost. We had a bad game. These things happen every now and then, even to good teams (not named the New England Patriots).

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Yeah, the inside the 10 play calling was strange. Garrett is always praising the offensive line, but he didn't seem to trust them today in the redzone.

sago1

Reaction score
Romo is our franchise QB. You don't pull him except for a serious injury. Even though is thumb was bruised, I'm still thinking he probably didn't have much feeling in it which hampered his ability to control the football. Don't forget this is the same QB who got us to 12-2 including the big win against the Lions at the end.

LowTech

the most important member
Reaction score
You ever have one of those days when everything seems to go wrong.

This was one of those days.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
dbair1967;1838646 said:
the inside the 10 play calling I thought was particuarly bad...right after MBIII had a good run the first time, they went to the shotgun on 2nd and goal...passes twice in a row, Romo threw an awful pick

happened again later...MBII had a good run to get us inside the 5, then nothing but passing again from the shotgun

David
No argument here. i do hope that Garrett learns form this and adjusts.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
dbair1967;1838646 said:

David

They were very active, presnap and they were shooting all the gaps on our running plays. Most of the time when we ran they looked like they knew the play before the ball was snapped.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I will say that we usually do pretty well passing the ball inside the 10, but the problem I have is, when it hasn't worked all game long, YOU MUST CHANGE IT UP!

I know we're used to passing it there, but today we couldn't do it, so now let's try and run the crap out of Barber, just change it up when it's not working please.