Reid to have press conference

joseephuss

Reaction score
Andy Rdid is supposed to have a press conference at 2:00 today and discuss the future of the Eagles and T.O.

If I were the Eagles, I would not cut T.O. If he can't get on board, then I would suspend him without pay as many games as is allowed. After that I would use old Tampa/Keyshawn deal. Pay him to stay home. You can't allow the guy to join one of the other teams that you are competing with for a playoff spot. Keep him out of the NFL for the rest of the season and cut him in the off season.

Now if I am another playoff contending team and have the cap space, I sign him if he is cut. He is a great talent and can help a team for this season. I don't go in with the idea that he will be a long term solution or necessarily a great fit. Just a mercenary for the rest of this season. I think there will be several teams willing to claim him off waivers if the Eagles do cut him.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Short statement by Reid.

T.O. suspended 4 games without pay and then will not return even after suspension. Grevience is filed, so he can't make any further comments.