Reid's response on LaJuan's hit on Jones

BoysRule2

Benched
Reaction score
You gotta be kidding me! Owens gets fined for basically acting cute, but Reid gets a pass for CONDONING such an act like this??!

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/sports/20071106_Reid_says_Sheppard_should_play_despite_sore_knee.html

"The thing he was doing was, he was trying hard to get to that spot and get there fast. He tried to make something happen," Reid said. "He ended up being late by a tick and you can't do that . . . at least he was trying to get there and hustle and be part of that play."

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
It really looked to me like he was more than just late. Plus the fact that his teammate even held JJ's head back just before he got there.

sago1

Reaction score
Did anybody really expect anything else from the Eagles on that play. It's typical of them. It was no accident they selected Buddy Ryan as some kind of captain/ambassador (whatever) for Cowboys game. I stil believe Ryan put out a bounty on Aikman back in 89.

superstarfan

Reaction score
The e-gals make me sick!!!!!!!
But this makes me happy!!!!
http://i11.***BLOCKED***/albums/a169/Elsajaney/Boyz_TO-07dirtybird.gif

gazmc_06

Reaction score
I had a feeling he was gonna do the Eagle against them if he scored, it just seemed right lol.

I didn't know hits after the play was blown dead were classes as trying to make a play...that Eagles philosiphy is a strange one.

CliffnDallas

Reaction score
Andy's not used to someone running that fast toward something thats not covered in cheese and or gravey.:laugh1:

TwentyOne

Reaction score
BoysRule2;1753239 said:
"The thing he was doing was, he was trying hard to get to that spot and get there fast. He tried to make something happen," Reid said. "He ended up being late by a tick and you can't do that . . . at least he was trying to get there and hustle and be part of that play."

That's just not true. When you watch the game he wasn't late. He even came to a stop in his movement. But when he realized he had a chance for a sheap shot he took it.

But on th eother hand to me it's ok that Andy Reid tries to defend his players in public.

I'm still waiting for the height of the fine especially with TO getting fined for 10k.

Coakleys Dad

The Re-Birth has begun.
Reaction score
What do you expect? He probably didnt even see the play..he was eating a big mac on the sidelines..

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
BoysRule2;1753239 said:
You gotta be kidding me! Owens gets fined for basically acting cute, but Reid gets a pass for CONDONING such an act like this??!

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/sports/20071106_Reid_says_Sheppard_should_play_despite_sore_knee.html

What he was really saying was... Yeah he was wrong... but no one else wanted to play.... Donovan sure didnt.

BehindEnemyLinez

Optimist Prime
Reaction score
TwentyOne;1753293 said:
That's just not true. When you watch the game he wasn't late. He even came to a stop in his movement. But when he realized he had a chance for a sheap shot he took it.

But on th eother hand to me it's ok that Andy Reid tries to defend his players in public.

I'm still waiting for the height of the fine especially with TO getting fined for 10k.
I think they fined him a game check, like 20G's or something to that effect.