Remember after Week 1 last year

Jkyle

Reaction score
The Cowboys were embarrassed by the Bucs and Dak broke his finger and was out 5 weeks.
We were already giving up on the season and they were able to turn it around.
Sunday's result was promising but one of the knocks of this team in the past was not being able to live with success.
I think this Team is different but I want to see them follow through and show that they have changed and are legit.
If they take the Jets lightly, their running game and Defense can reek havoc and bring this team back to earth hard.

TexasHillbilly

Reaction score
Even the best can get too confident. Just look at the 85 Bears until they played Miami. Coach Ditka had just quoted his team would not be beaten and Marino got em. Sometimes it takes an "awakening" to get your attention.

Let's hope they can stay grounded and play some lights out football.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Even the best can get too confident. Just look at the 85 Bears until they played Miami. Coach Ditka had just quoted his team would not be beaten and Marino got em. Sometimes it takes an "awakening" to get your attention.

Let's hope they can stay grounded and play some lights out football.

This team still remembers getting pantsed by the 49ers earlier in 2023.

lukemartin79

Reaction score
The Cowboys were embarrassed by the Bucs and Dak broke his finger and was out 5 weeks.
We were already giving up on the season and they were able to turn it around.
Sunday's result was promising but one of the knocks of this team in the past was not being able to live with success.
I think this Team is different but I want to see them follow through and show that they have changed and are legit.
If they take the Jets lightly, their running game and Defense can reek havoc and bring this team back to earth hard.
It is a long season. I doubt we are going undefeated. Just going to enjoy this week after watching that great game Sunday night.

Mark

Reaction score
The problem with the modern-era Cowboys is that they read (and believe) their press clippings. Reputation as the cockiest team in the NFL, and it isn't even close. If Dallas gets all puffed-up and loses focus on the Rodgers-less Jets, they could EASILY lose a game next week they should otherwise easily win.

plasticman

Reaction score
There have been cases where defeat leads to victory.

As a fan, the worse feeling I ever had was when they lost Super Bowl 5. You could tell the team felt the same way, they were fed up with it. Bob Lilly threw his helmet half the length of the football field. They were absolutely determined in 1971 and refused to be denied. Their NFC championship and Super Bowl opponents were both held to 3 points.

Perhaps this team is fed up losing to the 49ers.

bsheeern

Reaction score
Here's to hoping that Micah, is the X factor, in this whole getting relaxed, trend. I think Hooker has some of that relentlessness in him as well.