Remember what Bledsoe cost...

xpistofer

Reaction score
Guys (n' gals...) -
I am excited at what Romo could potentially offer, and I would be in favor of him starting until he proves he can't do it.

However...

I have seen a number of posts 'flaming' Bledsoe. This seems most unfair:
Here is a potential hall of fame caliber guy (statswise) who came here for next to nothing. We didn't lose a draft pick. We didn't trade any players. He was virtually free. Regardless of what you think of his ability, in the NFL you don't often find starters on the open market. While I prefer the younger guy, my hat is off to Jerry and Big Duane for seizing an obvious opportunity, and my hat is off to Bledsoe for coming at such an economical price.

We are fortunate to have Bledsoe. He is better than average and he cost us nothing...

Just thought I would throw that out there...

xpistofer

Reaction score
youngbuck said:
If romo started a game that would be conceding this as a failed season.
uuhhh...ok.

you seemed to miss the point of the post, but thanks for playing :)

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
i agree with you. People are so excited about the future they push the present out of the door.

YoungBuck

Reaction score
xpistofer said:
uuhhh...ok.

you seemed to miss the point of the post, but thanks for playing :)

uuhhh...ok

you seemed to miss the point of my post, I could care less what yours was about, but thanks for playing :)

Big Dakota

Reaction score
I seem to remember people dissing Elway at the end, then low and behold the team got real good and he won 2 rings. Let's let Drew B finish this thing out and see what happens. With a good team around him he's capable of going to the bowl. He's proven that. :starspin

Cowchips

Reaction score
Muhast said:
i agree with you. People are so excited about the future they push the present out of the door.

People should look at Buffalo's post-Bledsoe "team of the future" before they decide to toss him to the curb in favor of an untested qb. Buffalo could be a playoff contender right now in a weak division. Instead they are the doormats of the NFL.

Do you think some Buffalonians would take Bledsoe back? They won't admit it but they probably would in a heartbeat right now.

TheEnigma

Anomaly
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy said:
Bledsoe will lead us to the Super Bowl if we make it.....

I'd say you got all your bases covered with that post. Can't argue with that ;)

TX_Yid

Reaction score
Stats wise they flashed up, during Saturdays game, how last season Bledsoe had the 3rd(?) best passing year of any Cowboys QB.

Considering the O-Line problems after Flozell went down, and the second half collapse, thats pretty incredible.

As far as I can tell, if the O-Line holds it's own and TO proves an improvement on Key, then we are in for one hell of a show in the passing game.

I look forward to Romo in the future too, but for now it would be foolish to start anyone other than Bledsoe.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Cowchips said:
People should look at Buffalo's post-Bledsoe "team of the future" before they decide to toss him to the curb in favor of an untested qb. Buffalo could be a playoff contender right now in a weak division. Instead they are the doormats of the NFL.

Do you think some Buffalonians would take Bledsoe back? They won't admit it but they probably would in a heartbeat right now.
This is a little different in that Loseman had only been around for one year and was handed the job in the offseason with no competition and no preparation. IF...IF... Romo gets the job it will be because he played better in TC and Preseason and won the job in competition after 3 years of preparation. That is a huge difference as is the fact that the Bills have had a revolving door at the Head Coaching position (along with the rest of the coaching staff) for several years now.

Lets keep the apples in one basket and the oranges in another.

Reaction score
Bledsoes success is directly related to the o-line. If they have a good year then he will probably be ok. But as long as he holds onto the ball, it will be hard for any line to look good.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
JackMagist said:
This is a little different in that Loseman had only been around for one year and was handed the job in the offseason with no competition and no preparation. IF...IF... Romo gets the job it will be because he played better in TC and Preseason and won the job in competition after 3 years of preparation. That is a huge difference as is the fact that the Bills have had a revolving door at the Head Coaching position (along with the rest of the coaching staff) for several years now.

Lets keep the apples in one basket and the oranges in another.
Actually, he makes a quite valid point, regardless of the fruit salad.

Losman was a 1st rounder with MUCH better mobility and a quicker release.
Fans clamored for him because they thought Bledsoe was the root cause of their offensive failures irregardless of his 10 game stretch to start his Buffalo career where he was flatly stellar. That decision to draft Losman and then start him cost Buffalo FO folks their jobs. Pretty sure they'd take a do-over and start Bledsoe and forego that inane trade with Dallas.

Bledsoe has holes in his game and we all know them. It is certianly not his fault that he sucked once our OL fell apart. Every person on this forum noted when he was signed he had to be protected. When he was protected we were in the driver's seat for an NFCE crown and playoff birth. When he was no longer protected he was awful and we couldn't score 10 points. Things went exactly as foretold.

I kind of like the certianty at the position because the truly shocking QB stories are few and far between. I like Romo and I do think he can offer the offense more versatility. But, like Losman, that versatility, is not going to replace an insane amount amount of NFL starting experience, a massive and tough body NFL defenders hit plenty but seldom hurt or an arm that can throw every pattern with relative ease regardless of weather.

For the first time ina long time we have a true 3 deep at QB with every spot settled. Its a solid depth chart IMHO and one that won't leave us totall hung out to dry should Bledsoe miss a couple of games, but the depth chart is absolutely set and for all the right reasons.

There is a clear pecking order and it goes Bledsoe, Romo, Henson.

xpistofer

Reaction score
for the record....

my purpose in posting this thread was to defend Bledsoe. I think Romo offers great potential (unrealized ability), and I happen to think that he might have the ability to take us to a super bowl (but what do I know, I predicted Q would be NFL mvp in his third year...ouch).
Having given Romo his props, the fact remains that for Jerry and Bill to have acquired Drew was nothing less than a coup.

Drew is a potential HOF candidate, he has been to the super bowl, and he has all the tools to get us back. Not sure if he can do it without an all-pro O-line, but I am quite comfortable with him in there...

I guess my point is: balance, not knee jerk - no need to put Romo in Canton, and no need to crucify Bledsoe - it looks like we have two functional QB's right now - which is two more than we have had since...forever it seems.

royhitshard

Reaction score
youngbuck said:
uuhhh...ok

you seemed to miss the point of my post, I could care less what yours was about, but thanks for playing :)
Then why did you post in this thread?:rolleyes: