CFZ Remembering past Cowboy position changes

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Darren Woodson played LB in college. Was drafted as a LB by the Cowboys in 1992. Was moved to Strong Safety. The rest is history. Retired as the Dallas Cowboys' all-time leading tackler with 813 career tackles.

PS: Darren Woodson definitely belongs in both the Dallas Cowboys Ring of Honor and in the NFL Pro Football Hall of Fame.

btgboys41

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Darren Woodson played LB in college. Was drafted as a LB by the Cowboys in 1992. Was moved to Strong Safety. The rest is history. Retired as the Dallas Cowboys' all-time leading tackler with 813 career tackles.

PS: Darren Woodson definitely belongs in both the Dallas Cowboys Ring of Honor and in the NFL Pro Football Hall of Fame.
One of my favorite players. Probably top 5. Randy White and Roger are 1 and 2. The rest is really tough but Larry Allen probably 3 and then maybe Woodson.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Greg Ellis from 4-3 DE to 3-4 OLB. He resisted the move, and I believe he may have even threatened to not show up for training camp. He thought it would ruin the remainder of his career, but in 2007 at age 32 he had his highest career sack total (12.5).

CooterBrown

Reaction score
Mel Renfro played Free Safety and cornerback, went to the Pro Bowl as both!
Renfro also had a short stint at RB. He was so good at punt returns that Landry wanted to get the ball in his hands more. But that didn’t work out. I think he was moved to safety after that.