Report/Rumor: Jordon Love is close to signing a market-setting extension

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
According to the article, his last eight games of 2023 position him for this contract, especially the upset playoff win. It is crazy how THAT game impacted both QBs in different ways. One QB will get his deal and the other QB's contract is now a ?

https://zonecoverage.com/2024/packers/whats-the-worst-case-scenario-for-jordan-loves-megadeal/

What's the Worst-Case Scenario For Jordan Love's Megadeal?​

By Matt Hendershott - July 18, 2024
With training camp just around the corner, it seems inevitable that Green Bay Packers quarterback Jordan Love will receive a massive, market-setting extension. It may even have already happened by the time you read this article. I don’t know your life.
Sports Illustrated’s Bill Huber reported that Love will attend training camp regardless of the deal’s status. However, the deal’s status may determine what he actually does at camp. Still, based on Love’s smile when asked about a forthcoming deal, it seems like a matter of when rather than if.
Love had to fill big cleats last season, and he didn’t disappoint. He proved the lights weren’t too bright for him. The first-year starter had a rocky start but eventually led the league’s youngest offense to a playoff berth and an upset Wild Card victory.

One year ago they weren't sure if he was their long-term future........remember he sat 2 years behind Rogers
https://www.chicagotribune.com/2023...-may-take-at-least-half-a-season-to-find-out/

Diehardblues

Reaction score
According to the article, his last eight games of 2023 position him for this contract, especially the upset playoff win. It is crazy how THAT game impacted both QBs in different ways. One QB will get his deal and the other QB's contract is now a ?

https://zonecoverage.com/2024/packers/whats-the-worst-case-scenario-for-jordan-loves-megadeal/

What's the Worst-Case Scenario For Jordan Love's Megadeal?​

By Matt Hendershott - July 18, 2024
With training camp just around the corner, it seems inevitable that Green Bay Packers quarterback Jordan Love will receive a massive, market-setting extension. It may even have already happened by the time you read this article. I don’t know your life.
Sports Illustrated’s Bill Huber reported that Love will attend training camp regardless of the deal’s status. However, the deal’s status may determine what he actually does at camp. Still, based on Love’s smile when asked about a forthcoming deal, it seems like a matter of when rather than if.
Love had to fill big cleats last season, and he didn’t disappoint. He proved the lights weren’t too bright for him. The first-year starter had a rocky start but eventually led the league’s youngest offense to a playoff berth and an upset Wild Card victory.

One year ago they weren't sure if he was their long-term future........remember he sat 2 years behind Rogers
https://www.chicagotribune.com/2023...-may-take-at-least-half-a-season-to-find-out/

I seriously doubt they’d set the new market at 70 mil per season when it’s currently at 55.

But it wouldn’t surprise me 60 or possibly a little more which could be the leaf to fall Jethro is waiting for which might justify the 60 mil he’s been resisting for Dak.

Correction : I thought it was 280 for 4 years.

Actually that’s 56 per on 5 year deal. Scratch my thought. Sorry..

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I seriously doubt they’d set the new market at 70 mil per season when it’s currently at 55.

But it wouldn’t surprise me 60 or possibly a little more which could be the leaf to fall Jethro is waiting for which might justify the 60 mil he’s been resisting for Dak.
:huh: Burrow is highest at $55M ........$56M would set a new market

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Dak would be wrong as hell to ask for more than he's making lol, give dak 55.5 and a bowl of crawfish!

fivetwos

Reaction score
Can’t just take the total money and divide by the years to determine much of anything.

The deal may include something like a final year of like 70-75m that isn’t guaranteed and he will never see, thereby lowering the effective AAV considerably. Now if like 250 of the 280 is guaranteed, then no, that wont happen.

I’ve read that Cousins 4/180 is effectively a two year deal by structure, and why Penix is in the wings.

Either way, GB has their man, and are making it work instead of moaning over it. They also had the nerve to draft Love when they did. Knowing them, the structure is about as team friendly as it could be, and they will invest in the QB position in one of the next two drafts.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Can’t just take the total money and divide by the years to determine much of anything.

The deal may include something like a final year of like 70-75m that isn’t guaranteed and he will never see, thereby lowering the effective AAV considerably. Now if like 250 of the 280 is guaranteed, then no, that wont happen.

I’ve read that Cousins 4/180 is effectively a two year deal by structure, and why Penix is in the wings.

Either way, GB has their man, and are making it work instead of moaning over it. They also had the nerve to draft Love when they did. Knowing them, the structure is about as team friendly as it could be, and they will invest in the QB position in one of the next two drafts.
So we can't do that for dak, give him a two year deal and say it's 4 by structure?