RG3 suffers knee injury late in game

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
SkinsHokieFan;4897526 said:
I don't see Luck doing that. He has been very disappointing to me, especially with regards to his decision making.

And I was one advocating tanking the 2011 season to ensure we get the number 1 overall pick to get Luck.

Arians scheme, similar to Garret's, is outdated and relies on a philosophy of a past era.

The future of the NFL passing game will be what Brady does, the spread offense with Chip Kelly Oregon concepts.

And more from that article

Essentially we see what direction NFL offenses are heading in, in particular when Tom Brady is running a "college offense"

RG3 is running, apparently, a "college offense"

Andrew Luck is running an outdated offense which forces him to force the ball downfield and commit turnovers. His growth in the new NFL is being stunted.

I don't agree with some of your conclusions, but that's a very cool article about the evolution of the NFL no-huddle. Thanks for posting it.

SkinsFan82

Reaction score
Adam Schefter via twitter ... "At team meeting minutes ago, Commanders players were informed Kirk Cousins will start at Cleveland, according to text from person in room."

DanteEXT

Reaction score
SkinsFan82;4899065 said:
Adam Schefter via twitter ... "At team meeting minutes ago, Commanders players were informed Kirk Cousins will start at Cleveland, according to text from person in room."

Guess we'll see if the Commanders struck gold twice in the draft... or if Cousins limited playing time success was pyrite. :)

Gameover

Reaction score
Gameover;4887716 said:
No dropoff with Cousins.

I told ya!!!

Cousin might be an upgrade.It will suck losing the division title to them in two weeks!

DanteEXT

Reaction score
So, a 4th round QB can come in and successfully run the Commanders offense. Hhmmmm.... so RGIII is just a product of the system?

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
Yep...that offense is complete. I don't think they can be stopped, you're gonna have to put up points on that defense but it's hard to in December in their stadium on that grass.

rdskn4eva

Reaction score
DanteEXT;4899991 said:
So, a 4th round QB can come in and successfully run the Commanders offense. Hhmmmm.... so RGIII is just a product of the system?

Sure. We score points like that, it's all good to me!

DanteEXT

Reaction score
rdskn4eva;4900075 said:
Sure. We score points like that, it's all good to me!

I was making a joke, going back to the whole Brady is a system QB because Cassel came in and went 11-5 or whatever it was.

newlander

Reaction score
by saying it's the "system"...those two kids are something else unfortunately. However, the Shanahan's offensive system is sick: the oline is stunning. Not so much the pass blocking but the run blocking: where did that come from?

NIBGoldenchild

Reaction score
I hope they realized how good the pass blocking became once Tyler Polumbus went out with that concussion. I'd rather have Jordan Black starting at RT next week to see if he can be our starter for the rest of the season.

Bluestang

Reaction score
newlander;4902910 said:
by saying it's the "system"...those two kids are something else unfortunately. However, the Shanahan's offensive system is sick: the oline is stunning. Not so much the pass blocking but the run blocking: where did that come from?

cut blocking.

sacase

Reaction score
SkinsFan28;4897507 said:
Actually, you do see the 3 LB's cheat up because the run has been pretty dominant. I get that. I also get that Cam probably got the same benefits last year (both running games churned out about the same stats) and his passing numbers are dwarfed by Griffin's numbers.

I wouldn't expect a Cowboys fan to bow down to Griffin (yet;)), because it's his first year. What is frustrating is the often time ignorant(not saying you) dismissal of Griffin's numbers with obvious talking points, or the lauding of Luck when his numbers are demonstrably average as rookies go and against far less credible defenses, in my opinion. I will say, if Luck and the Colts blast Houston in one or both of these upcoming games, I will give him more credit then I do now. I just don't expect that. Also, I do think Luck next year will progress likely along a Peyton Manning trajectory, but I don't see any reason to think Griffin would not.

Dude what are you talking about? Luck has almost 4000 yards passing and will probably break the most passing yards by a rookie record and already has the most passing yards in a game by a rookie. You need to seriously take off your homer glasses. Luck has passed for 1000 more yards than RGIII

SkinsFan28

Reaction score
sacase said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by SkinsFan28

Actually, you do see the 3 LB's cheat up because the run has been pretty dominant. I get that. I also get that Cam probably got the same benefits last year (both running games churned out about the same stats) and his passing numbers are dwarfed by Griffin's numbers.

[View Full Quote] I wouldn't expect a Cowboys fan to bow down to Griffin (yet), because it's his first year. What is frustrating is the often time ignorant(not saying you) dismissal of Griffin's numbers with obvious talking points, or the lauding of Luck when his numbers are demonstrably average as rookies go and against far less credible defenses, in my opinion. I will say, if Luck and the Colts blast Houston in one or both of these upcoming games, I will give him more credit then I do now. I just don't expect that. Also, I do think Luck next year will progress likely along a Peyton Manning trajectory, but I don't see any reason to think Griffin would not.

Dude what are you talking about? Luck has almost 4000 yards passing and will probably break the most passing yards by a rookie record and already has the most passing yards in a game by a rookie. You need to seriously take off your homer glasses. Luck has passed for 1000 more yards than RGIII

I am talking about passer rating and completion percentage which are stats that reflect a qb's quality of play more than gross yard

Posted from Cowboyszone.com App for Android

MisterPinstripe

Reaction score
SkinsFan28;4904645 said:
I am talking about passer rating and completion percentage which are stats that reflect a qb's quality of play more than gross yard

Posted from Cowboyszone.com App for Android

Yeah... People excuse all of Lucks INTs because they say he passes a lot more then RG3. But then they say he has thrown for a lot more yards then RG3, and ignore the fact that he throws a heck of a lot more.

I didnt realize that it was okay to play poorly if you throw the ball more. :D