Rhett Bomar QB on ktbb right now

cowboyjoe

Reaction score

also jarrett dilliard wr will be on tomorrow and some defensive end from texas tech

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Rhett said he is a huge cowboys fan, and maybe cowboys might draft and groom him, but just wants to play in the NFL

Woods

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2685047 said:
Rhett said he is a huge cowboys fan, and maybe cowboys might draft and groom him, but just wants to play in the NFL

I think that we may draft him.

We've got a ton of picks, and I think JJ wants to groom a young QB to replace Kitna in a year or two. We could probably draft him with our 2nd 4th round pick, or maybe even with one of our 5th rounders.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Woods;2685070 said:
I think that we may draft him.

We've got a ton of picks, and I think JJ wants to groom a young QB to replace Kitna in a year or two. We could probably draft him with our 2nd 4th round pick, or maybe even with one of our 5th rounders.

Jerry is not going to keep all of those picks. The only ones we know for sure he will keep are the comps. :laugh2:

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
This is one of 4 QBs who are Day 2 possibilities to keep your eye on when the Cowboys pick.

RESIN8

Reaction score
bomar.jpg

Woods

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2685080 said:
Jerry is not going to keep all of those picks. The only ones we know for sure he will keep are the comps. :laugh2:

True, but I think we keep around 8 picks. But I know what you mean with JJ.

But I think he's intent on drafting a young QB this year. I'd guess it would be between rounds 4-5.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
right, when rhett podcast is up i will post it for you zoners, if you want to listen to rhett bomar

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2685082 said:
This is one of 4 QBs who are Day 2 possibilities to keep your eye on when the Cowboys pick.

just let me know

hunch?

or you've got your sources working for you? (I'm not being a dick)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
JerryAdvocate;2685106 said:
just let me know

hunch?

or you've got your sources working for you? (I'm not being a dick)
That info is from the thread in the Draft Zone which is compiled from articles where we learn that the Cowboys meet with and talk to someone at the Combines.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Hostile;2685110 said:
That info is from the thread in the Draft Zone which is compiled from articles where we learn that the Cowboys meet with and talk to someone at the Combines.

ah ok, I thought it might be something a little more concrete, but good enough

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
JerryAdvocate;2685111 said:
ah ok, I thought it might be something a little more concrete, but good enough
Not yet bro. I do think he is the #1 guy in their sites, but it is my bias more than anything else.

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2685034 said:

also jarrett dilliard wr will be on tomorrow and some defensive end from texas tech

lol. its funny how the guy rated to go highest out of the three players mentioned, Brandon Williams, gets the "some defensive end from texas tech" tag.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
According to sportingnews.com

6-2 225 4.76 25 reps

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=Rhett+Bomar&aq=f

Strengths: Has impressive size, strength and athleticism. Has big-time arm strength and can make all the necessary throws. Plays under control. Is tough as nails and will do whatever he can to win.

Has a quick setup in the pocket and goes through his progressions well. Is a smart player and is impressive at reading coverages. Can make plays on the move and is a running threat. Is a leader and a hard worker.

Weaknesses: Has room to improve on accuracy and mechanics. Will force throws at times and try to make something out of nothing. Can be a streaky thrower. Needs to put more air under deep throws.
Bottom line: Bomar is a competitive player who leads by words and example. He's both physically and mentally tough, and he has the temperament to be a starter in the NFL.

Bomar is a hard worker and wants to be the best player on the field every time he suits up. However, he has some mechanical work to do -- especially after his week of practice at the Senior Bowl. Despite having the physical tools to be drafted higher, he likely will be a third- or fourth-round pick.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Rhett+Bomar

Fans, your thoughts?:starspin

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
i think this is one of the top qbs that the cowboys are interested in, and with them having 2 fourth rounds picks, the cowboys might take a chance on a young top qb to slowly develop. Heck, in 2 to 4 years, this qb might be the future star of the cowboys if romo doesnt get his act together, forget all of this glitz and glamour. Or you might be able to trade that young qb in 3 years or so for a high draft choice like the patriots got for cassell.