Rich Eisen Show-Cowboys DE DeMarcis Lawrence Talks his new contract & More w/Rich Eisen

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I know you guys are like me..

can't have too much good Cowboy news.

DeMarcus mentions that after the Seattle game the team he thought was tired and had been up for Seattle and the Rams game was difficult.

I suspected this in watching the Rams game and this is the first time it has been said.

He said alot more...good interview.

Enjoy.

Last edited:

DasSchnitzel

Reaction score
Awesome words from DLaw in my opinion. Really won me back over some. I've said in other threads I was getting sick of him, all we heard for months from his camp was that he wanted more money and was holding his availability (shoulder surgery) hostage to be the highest paid guy.

The part about the Hot Boys was really neat. It's a lot more than a dumb nickname and I appreciate it more now as a result.

CCBoy

Reaction score
His back injuries were the most painful...hope they are in the past.

Qcard

Reaction score
DLaw played with broken back spinal ala Mike Tyson:)

He'll make over $50 mill 2018-2020. Well deserved.

Fans should know entire story. There has been a lot of Lawrence bashing.

coult44

Reaction score
His back injuries were the most painful...hope they are in the past.

Back surgery and 5 shoulder surgeries here. The back was a cakewalk after the surgery, compared to the shoulders. If there is something more difficult to recover from, and more painful than bad labrum repair surgeries. , please let me know...Before the surgeries the back was worse. After words there is no comparison.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
DLaw played with broken back spinal ala Mike Tyson:)

He'll make over $50 mill 2018-2020. Well deserved.

Fans should know entire story. There has been a lot of Lawrence bashing.
That's why I posted it.

The interview was insightful.

Eisen does a good show.

Never controversial and always tries to handle the subject as a normal person might.

Like him.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Great. Now we can’t mock the hot boyz anymore
No we can't.

Taco even posted something to the effect we do not understand what it means.

And we do not.

It seems like a private club on the defense.

Like when we had clubs of our friends in grade school.

It's interesting.

TonyS

Reaction score
I thought his comments about his back we're very concerning. Has he had previous surgeries. Has the team reported his supposed back injuries? Did the team know about them prior to signing the huge contract?

cern

Reaction score
no talks with jerry, but a couple with stephen that went well. glean from that what you will. some still insist jerry's calling all the shots. I think not.

glimmerman

Reaction score
no talks with jerry, but a couple with stephen that went well. glean from that what you will. some still insist jerry's calling all the shots. I think not.
Maybe since JJ is the owner and GM he isn’t allowed to contact the player during negotiations?

cern

Reaction score
Maybe since JJ is the owner and GM he isn’t allowed to contact the player during negotiations?
what????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

glimmerman

Reaction score
what????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Not sure what the rules are in negotiations. I am sure his agent wasn’t happy with him talking to SJ.

cern

Reaction score
Not sure what the rules are in negotiations. I am sure his agent wasn’t happy with him talking to SJ.
I agree. the agent probably didn't care for it at all. but the fact he did speak with Stephen says much about who's running things at the star. I've been saying for some time now that it's Stephen. many do not agree. as for the rules of negotiation, it's usually the gm who does these things. so there would have been nothing inappropriate with jerry dealing with the issue. but he seems to be letting Stephen run this part. one of jerry's better decisions in quite some time.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I agree. the agent probably didn't care for it at all. but the fact he did speak with Stephen says much about who's running things at the star. I've been saying for some time now that it's Stephen. many do not agree. as for the rules of negotiation, it's usually the gm who does these things. so there would have been nothing inappropriate with jerry dealing with the issue. but he seems to be letting Stephen run this part. one of jerry's better decisions in quite some time.
Yep. I think he wants SJ to take over at some point. But I still bet that if JJ really wants some one he will step in.

CWR

Reaction score
I really like Rich Eisen. He's one of the few sports media personalities that hasn't grated on my nerves over the years.

As far as Dlaw goes, hes no where near done. We did good retaining him. Thats not to say I wouldn't have entertained offers, but Dlaw is a force and I think the best may be yet to come. Its not easy playing with a busted back and shoulder.