Richard Moll, star of "Night Court," dies at 80

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After "Night Court" ended, Moll contributed his trademark gravelly voice to various video games and comic book projects like "Batman: The Animated Series" as Harvey Dent
It's the things you do NOT know that get you the most after someone passes. I have watched Batman: The Animated Series several times. I was never curious enough to find out who the voice actor was behind the character.

The guy, who gave voice to one of Batman's most infamous rogue villains, was right under my nose all along. I created and posted a brief, 48-second video of his voice work:

Rest in peace, Mr. Moll.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It's the things you do NOT know that get you the most after someone passes. I have watched Batman: The Animated Series several times. I was never curious enough to find out who the voice actor was behind the character.

The guy, who gave voice to one of Batman's most infamous rogue villains, was right under my nose all along. I created and posted a brief, 48-second video of his voice work:

Rest in peace, Mr. Moll.

"Video unavailable
This video is private"

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I re-saved the video again as 'unlisted' on YouTube and re-checked it by signing out of CowboysZone, wiping browser cache, and viewing the video in both Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome browsers.

Try it now.
All better!
Wow, his voice acting is actually better than the animation!

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
He was a gentle giant, sad to hear. There used to be a saying about these passings coming in threes, but seems we've been having so many recently. :(

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Sad to hear this. Lived that show. Seems like these NBC stars of my old Thursdays are not holding up well

SlammedZero

Reaction score
Dang, what is going on? Losing some TV star legends. I loved Night Court. RIP 'Bull".