Rick Gosselin

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I would like to give props to Rick Gosselin for working hard to counter the Cowboys Bias that has existed in the hall of fame voting for some time ......

Thanks Goose ..... now get to work on Darren Woodson .... ;)

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
zrinkill;1357524 said:
I would like to give props to Rick Gosselin for working hard to counter the Cowboys Bias that has existed in the hall of fame voting for some time ......

With some of the guys from back in the day who still aren't in the Hall of Fame I think its going to take Darren Woodson at least 20 years to get in if he ever does.

I hope Woodson finds his way in someday and think he deserves it but just dont believe he will.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Does Gosselin have a seat on the Seniors Committee? I hope so. He'll need to work his magic on more than just Woodson's election. I agree though. Major kudos to Goose for fighting the good fight.

calico

Reaction score
Woodson is a guy who might make it 20-30 years from now.

I would rather he get to work on Drew Pearson and the rest of the left out 70's team.

TruBlueCowboy

Reaction score
Maybe the problem is this crap where they find 6 final candidates and then vote to see if they should let them in. I think the final candidates should go in, end of story. We spend too much time talking about people who need to go in first before others are allowed. The process is too far behind. There are enough eliminations in the voting process, they shouldn't have to vote one more time when they are down the final 5 or 6. After trimming those guys out of a huge crowd, they should be the final entrants.

Or we could stop making this a freaking event that depends solely on the media. I can't believe they don't allow some players and coaches to vote on this thing.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ironic some want to thank Goose for his work on a obvious choice to go into the HOF when many many other deserving players are overlooked.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
TruBlueCowboy;1357544 said:
Or we could stop making this a freaking event that depends solely on the media. I can't believe they don't allow some players and coaches to vote on this thing.
There is a big enough pool of living, enshrined players to do just that. I would rather see the voting being influenced by their personal bias than to keep it solely in the domain of the media-based selectors. Perhaps a compromise of media AND HoF players...

Aikbach

Reaction score
Men that will definitely be HOF, Emmitt, Larry Allen, Deion Sanders, Charles Haley.

Men who should be HOF but will be an up hill climb are Darren Woodson, Drew pearson, Bob Hayes, Ed "Too Tall" Jones, Charlie Waters, Cliff Harris, Daryl Johnston, maybe even Jay Novacek.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
big dog cowboy;1357552 said:
Ironic some want to thank Goose for his work on a obvious choice to go into the HOF when many many other deserving players are overlooked.

:confused: I think thats why it was a good thing ..... Mike deserved to be in .... but between the Cowboys Bias and Mikes rep he was getting snubbed .....

doomsday81

Reaction score
Aikbach;1357561 said:
Men that will definitely be HOF, Emmitt, Larry Allen, Deion Sanders, Charles Haley.

Men who should be HOF but will be an up hill climb are Darren Woodson, Drew pearson, Bob Hayes, Ed "Too Tall" Jones, Charlie Waters, Cliff Harris, Daryl Johnston, maybe even Jay Novacek.

I'm going to assume you forgot to mention Harvey Martin's name. Is that correct?

doomsday81

Reaction score
zrinkill;1357524 said:

Let's assume for a second that the Hall of Fame actually put the best players in regardless of position even though that's not how it works. If that was the case, Woodson and Rodney Harrison should make it. I believe they are two of the very best to have played their position. However, since the Hall of Fame voters don't like to consider safeties important football players (There are only 7 true safeties in the Hall that didn't also play CB) I don't think Woodson or Harrison will ever make it in and that's a shame. Like I always say, you either are you aren't a Hall of Fame football player. It shouldn't matter what position you play but it obviously does to the voters.

Aikbach

Reaction score
doomsday81;1357592 said:
I'm going to assume you forgot to mention Harvey Martin's name. Is that correct?
I just don't think they'll ever honor him, ever. He may deserve it but he will never be HOF, the long shots i listed have more of a chance than he does.

You could throw Jethro Pugh and Bob Breuing in there if you wanted to but it will be to no avail.

kingwhicker

BCRSA
Reaction score
doomsday81;1357601 said:
Let's assume for a second that the Hall of Fame actually put the best players in regardless of position even though that's not how it works. If that was the case, Woodson and Rodney Harrison should make it. I believe they are two of the very best to have played their position. However, since the Hall of Fame voters don't like to consider safeties important football players (There are only 7 true safeties in the Hall that didn't also play CB) I don't think Woodson or Harrison will ever make it in and that's a shame. Like I always say, you either are you aren't a Hall of Fame football player. It shouldn't matter what position you play but it obviously does to the voters.

Rod Woodson is a lock- book it!