Video: Rico Working On His Blocking

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Stay low and don't come up so quickly during your push off, Rico. If you come up too soon, you will lose momentum and likely get stalled, pushed back or beat. It's like driving on a sled. You want to stay low in order to gain leverage and momentum.

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
Stay low and don't come up so quickly during your push off, Rico. If you come up too soon, you will lose momentum and likely get stalled, pushed back or beat. It's like driving on a sled. You want to stay low in order to gain leverage and momentum.

Look I'm not going to critique him or your assessment... .

But his base hardly rises.....its low & settled

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Look I'm not going to critique him or your assessment... .

But his base hardly rises.....its low & settled
That's good if you're pass protection. You still need to stay low in order to gain leverage and momentum during run blocking, especially if you are that tall.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score

Ahh but is he working on his jump shot and pick and roll. Rico is second greatest TE all time for the Cowboys.... on paper. we will probably have 3 TE's on the 53..... Swaim, Jarwin and Shultz. His shot is if one gets injured in TC. Rico sinks or swims this year

Knotamus

Reaction score
I sincerely hope so. My confidence in Rico has softened

I agree. It’s unfortunate, I really do hope he turns the corner and can be one of those special stories of overcoming. But let’s be honest, where he was drafted and lack of experience automatically made him a long shot... the best thing going for him is that he’s practicing and believes in himself. Is that enough to to make the roster.. no. He’ll have to prove he’s better at all facets of TE, not just a big guy that can catch a ball. The mental part is what will make or break him. On the flip side, it sure would be nice if he excels. He’s a mammoth of a man and would be a real weapon. I’m rooting for him, but the reality is he might need more time. Unfortunately, time may be running out on his opportunities

ShortRound

Reaction score
I know he's trying and I hope he beasts out, but I just heard "I'm a maniac maniac on the dance floor..." in my head.

tA1lHrD.gif

panchucko

It's Back
Reaction score
someone enlighten me what is the deal with the swinging of the arms, he was doing it when practicing routes and now blocking.
Is it something to remind him to keep his arms in or what

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
This guy is like classic muscle car with a nice paint job and polished wheels, but with a junky old engine and no brakes. He is all show and no go. Posing for the camera isn't going to make the guy better. He seems all about creating a facade rather than just putting in work.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
wow what a novel idea for a TE to learn how to block.. What's next Dak learns how to read defenses or how not to panic when he get's pressure..

erod

Reaction score
I'd give it a 5% chance he makes the team.

Jstopper

Reaction score
This guy is like classic muscle car with a nice paint job and polished wheels, but with a junky old engine and no brakes. He is all show and no go. Posing for the camera isn't going to make the guy better. He seems all about creating a facade rather than just putting in work.

The fact that you only received that from the video is sad

Them

Reaction score
...Well at Least he should be giving it a try in TC. I'm glad he's practicing...At first I thought he was reacting to some kind of virtual reality screen or something....guess not!...:)