Ripping DVD's to PC

DallasKen

Reaction score
Hi everyone...I have a lot of cowboy games that I have recorded onto dvd's using my home dvd recorder that is connected to my tv. I was wondering if there was a good software program that would rip those games off the dvd to my PC so I could edit them, etc.. All I have on my pc is a dvd player, and as far as I know, it didn't come with any software that would rip burned DVDs.

Any good programs either freeware, or that cost money, would be greatly appreciated...Thanks.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
any one?? i would like to know this too, as i have the dvd "the dallas cowboys 1960-2003" sorta like their biography thing

STAR GAZER

Benched
Reaction score
DallasKen said:
Hi everyone...I have a lot of cowboy games that I have recorded onto dvd's using my home dvd recorder that is connected to my tv. I was wondering if there was a good software program that would rip those games off the dvd to my PC so I could edit them, etc.. All I have on my pc is a dvd player, and as far as I know, it didn't come with any software that would rip burned DVDs.

Any good programs either freeware, or that cost money, would be greatly appreciated...Thanks.

Dude if your rippen then I'm tippin. But you had damd well better be uppin. The guys here could use some fresh content.

Okay... insert your disk into the disk drive. Go to the drive location in "my computer". Right click on the drive icon, and choose open from the pop up menu. Right click on the video icon and choose copy from the pop up menu. Go to your desktop and again right ckick. Choose paste from the pop up menu, and the video file should begin transfering from your disk to your computer.

This should work unless the video is encrypted when it is recorded to disk via your DVD recorder. Mine doesnt work that way and I doubt yours does.

If you want to rip DVD movies you rent, or original Dallas Cowboys videos you purchased, I have a cool tool that ID's the encryption and allows you to rip it.:)

the kid 05

Reaction score
STAR GAZER said:
Dude if your rippen then I'm tippin. But you had damd well better be uppin. The guys here could use some fresh content.

Okay... insert your disk into the disk drive. Go to the drive location in "my computer". Right click on the drive icon, and choose open from the pop up menu. Right click on the video icon and choose copy from the pop up menu. Go to your desktop and again right ckick. Choose paste from the pop up menu, and the video file should begin transfering from your disk to your computer.

This should work unless the video is encrypted when it is recorded to disk via your DVD recorder. Mine doesnt work that way and I doubt yours does.

If you want to rip DVD movies you rent, or original Dallas Cowboys videos you purchased, I have a cool tool that ID's the encryption and allows you to rip it.:)

hook a brother up! lol yes i got to use it today!

STAR GAZER

Benched
Reaction score
the kid 05 said:
hook a brother up! lol yes i got to use it today!

Okay, I'll zip it and upload it. For download. Give me some time. It will break encryptions for most DVD movies.:)

STAR GAZER

Benched
Reaction score
the kid 05 said:
i owe you!

Once you get it figured out, I will help you to upload it to a host server if you need any help. I'm hoping you guys can make this available for the members to download.:D

Let me know how it goes.

the kid 05

Reaction score
its not recognizing my drives? and' i dont know if id the crack right

edit: nevermind i got it going, doing a test rip right now

TEK2000

Reaction score
Copy/Paste doesn't work for me Star Gazer. I guess its just certain DVD Recorders that don't encrypt the files.

All you gotta do is use DVD Decrypter to extract the VOB files from the DVD. DVDFab works great as well like CowboyJeff mentioned.

Then, you can do 1 of 2 things. You can simply change the filename from .VOB to .MPG (or .MPEG)... problem is, with this method, I've had a few files go CRAZY and the video was all out of order as well as the audio.
2nd method is to download VirtualDubMod and use it to convert the VOB files to AVI.

I use Sony Vegas for editting.

STAR GAZER

Benched
Reaction score
You may be right TEK. I live in Taiwan. Most home entertainment products are made differently for different countries. I have model numbers of products you cant buy in the states.

Taiwan is pirate land with a capital P. Just down the street from me are several stores that sell new movie releases on DVD and VCD. Pirates of the Caribbean II for $1.00 US. I had a crystal installed in my Xbox 360 that allows it to read pirated versions of games. Any game you want for $2.00 or less.