Risk - Reward

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
In a nut shell, that is what TO is. If he works out, he could be the difference maker in having a real chance to win the Super Bowl and maybe just being a pretty good team.

If he does not, it represents our inability to put pressure on the very good defenses in the NFL and probably prevents us from being a contender, to say nothing of the Cap implications and possible team chemistry.

When all the chicken fighting between the Media, the fans, the team and one Terrell Ownes is done, both the Cowboys and TO will deserve what they get. If he gets right with the team and has a career year, good playoff run, maybe championship, TO and the team will deserve all the credit that will certainly come to them.

If it all blows up in our faces, we will deserve all the back lash, the unending jokes, the misserable record or whatever comes our way. Everybody told us. We saw it for ourselves and yet, we still signed him.

I have never been in favor of this but he is a Cowboy now so I will take the medicine one way or the other. Sucks but that's the way it is IMO.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I agree.

I think Jerry Jones realizes, however, that life goes on.

Yes, if the TO experiment backfires, we won't hear the end of it for as long as he's on the team.

But guess what?

TO's departure will simply mean another chapter in the history of the Cowboys with other chapters to be written.

The Cowboys survived the label of "not being able to win the Big One."

They've survived "North Dallas Forty."

They've survived the deposing of the legendary Tom Landry.

They've survived 1-15 and Jerry Jones and Jimmy Johnson being the laughingstocks of the league.

They've survived Michael "Can I tell you who I am" Irvin and his drug-sniffing prostitutes.

They've survived "Scissorgate."

They've survived "The White House."

They've survived the rape allegations against Irvin and Erik Williams.

They've survived Barry Switzer.

They've survived the "Randy Moss" snub.

They'll survive TO.

Life goes on. And people who have a goal of success and understand the importance failure plays into that and can put it behind them quickly can take such risks.

Jerry Jones is such an owner.