Rivera & Caldwell

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Any word on when they might get interviewed? There was even speculation that Jerry would interview one or both tonight. Anyone know for sure?

I kind of hope they come to Dallas for the interviews, but truthfully I don't care if that happens.

We need to be the biggest story in football again now that the Bowl is over.

Woods

Reaction score
I wonder why JJ really is interviewing Caldwell?

Would he be the offensive alternate to Norm?

So, we have Norm vs. Caldwell if JJ goes offense as HC, and we have

Phillips vs. Singletary vs. Rivera if JJ goes defense as a HC?

Personally, I'd prefer to go defense as HC. Though I don't know if Rivera would come as a DC if the HC was defensively oriented as well.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Caldwell.....maybe tonight according to DMN. Rivera tomorrow.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Woods;1358821 said:
I wonder why JJ really is interviewing Caldwell?

Would he be the offensive alternate to Norm?

So, we have Norm vs. Caldwell if JJ goes offense as HC, and we have

Phillips vs. Singletary vs. Rivera if JJ goes defense as a HC?

Personally, I'd prefer to go defense as HC. Though I don't know if Rivera would come as a DC if the HC was defensively oriented as well.
Norm who?

Bizwah

Reaction score
Wow, interviewing right after a Super Bowl.

That would be tough....You'd be physically and emotionally drained...you'd probably want to celebrate.

Oh well....

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Bizwah;1358916 said:
Wow, interviewing right after a Super Bowl.

That would be tough....You'd be physically and emotionally drained...you'd probably want to celebrate.

Oh well....

I was thinking the same thing......What a heck of a time to have an interview.

Reaction score
Ron Rivera's defense didn't look so hot against Payton Manning and the Colts, they ran on them at will. I wonder if that will damage Rivera's chance here in Dallas. Personally, from what I hear majority of the players really want Todd Bowles as defensive coordinator, although I'm not too impressed because he too is a 3-4 guy which isn't best suited for the Cowboys...

Woods

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;1358935 said:
Ron Rivera's defense didn't look so hot against Payton Manning and the Colts, they ran on them at will. I wonder if that will damage Rivera's chance here in Dallas. Personally, from what I hear majority of the players really want Todd Bowles as defensive coordinator, although I'm not too certain of that one...

If JJ goes that way (with Bowles as DC), I really hope Phillips is the HC then.

Pappa Cheeto

Reaction score
Cbz40;1358857 said:
Caldwell.....maybe tonight according to DMN. Rivera tomorrow.

There's no way Caldwell interviews tonight. Miami is an hour ahead of Dallas, so Caldwell would be intervewing at 11pm or midnight, after what I am sure was a long day for him.

Pappa Cheeto

Reaction score
Ron Rivera's defense didn't look so hot against Payton Manning and the Colts, they ran on them at will. I wonder if that will damage Rivera's chance here in Dallas. Personally, from what I hear majority of the players really want Todd Bowles as defensive coordinator, although I'm not too impressed because he too is a 3-4 guy which isn't best suited for the Cowboys...

Judging Rivera on one game against the best offense in the league is rather short-sighted. I would hope that JJ has more sense than that.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
Pappa Cheeto;1358960 said:
There's no way Caldwell interviews tonight. Miami is an hour ahead of Dallas, so Caldwell would be intervewing at 11pm or midnight, after what I am sure was a long day for him.

I'm not saying he is....The DMN Blog is.

If it were me I sure as heck would not want to interview after coach a SB Game.

TEK2000

Reaction score
All I know is that I want Jerry to be VERY convinced by Ron Rivera that he will not have Roy Williams playing in a Cover 2 scheme that has the safeties 25 yards off the line of scrimmage.

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
Not impressed by Rivera's D at all. Maybe it wasw because they knew they'd have to bail out Grossman, but they didn't really show me much, especially the D line. If he's brought in as the DC, hope he inspires a lot more.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score

Everyone ran on the Bears at will after they lost Tommie Harris and Mike Brown