Road Grader Formation

SFloridaCowboy

Reaction score
If Hoffman starts the season at center and we have a third and 1 or 4th and one, I want the road grader Beebe in the backfield as the lead blocker with a full head of steam to blow up a huge hole for a large gain. The Moose blocked for Emmitt and we do not make much use of a pure fullback anymore. I cannot wait to see Cooper Beebe blasting open holes like we have not seen seen since Nate Newton and the late Larry Allen manned the OL.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
If Hoffman starts the season at center and we have a third and 1 or 4th and one, I want the road grader Beebe in the backfield as the lead blocker with a full head of steam to blow up a huge hole for a large gain. The Moose blocked for Emmitt and we do not make much use of a pure fullback anymore. I cannot wait to see Cooper Beebe blasting open holes like we have not seen seen since Nate Newton and the late Larry Allen manned the OL.
Beebe may be great but Dallas’ best hope is he’s Zach Martins capable replacement next year. With Martin and Tyler Smith the OL can be nasty if there’s good play from the tackles.

John813

Reaction score
How many of our RBs actually ran behind a FB?

I know a decade ago Murray/Choice/Randle ran behind guys like Clutts or Fiammetta but these days I don't think too many colleges even have a FB.
Feels like unless you are just running it to one gap come hell or high water it's better just to give the RB more options to attack.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Come October, it's more likely that Beebe starts at center than plays fullback.

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
How many of our RBs actually ran behind a FB?

I know a decade ago Murray/Choice/Randle ran behind guys like Clutts or Fiammetta but these days I don't think too many colleges even have a FB.
Feels like unless you are just running it to one gap come hell or high water it's better just to give the RB more options to attack.
Definitely an art form to understanding how to run behind a fullback

CWR

Reaction score
I remember Emmitt breaking the record and immediately going over to Moose to celebrate the accomplishment with his lead blocker. 22 was a masterpiece.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
So, we use Beebe for our "jumbo package" play. Sounds good to me. :thumbup:

rambo2

Reaction score
I heard on nfl radio that Beebe was getting 1st team reps today.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Luepke is a fullback.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It's becoming a lost art. Honestly, the way defenses are built light and fast to stop passing attacks and run with WR-like TEs, the first team to go back to utilizing game plans featuring FB packages will probably catch the league with their pants down.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Why not just adopt the “push” play. Philly did it with their backup QB against Baltimore. Everyone on both sides of the line of scrimmage were backups, but it worked like a charm. Their center may have retired. That push play apparently hasn’t.