Rob Petitti, Did he play last night?

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
I don't remember seeing Rob in there and really thought we would when Adams went down. If he didn't get to play has anyone heard any word as to why? I know he hasn't shown the same progress on the field this season as he did in the offseason but a lot of times players play better than they practice.......

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
He played a little at LT in the 4th quarter................

He has become the Henson of the OL.

burmafrd

Reaction score
It is interesting- I think BP knows what he has got there and wants to see McQ and Fabini now. I think Columbo PROBABLY is the RT.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
I don't remember seeing Rob in there and really thought we would when Adams went down. If he didn't get to play has anyone heard any word as to why? I know he hasn't shown the same progress on the field this season as he did in the offseason but a lot of times players play better than they practice.......

Petitti came in for our second possession of the third quarter and played the rest of the game. He played pretty well, from what I saw.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
burmafrd said:
It is interesting- I think BP knows what he has got there and wants to see McQ and Fabini now. I think Columbo PROBABLY is the RT.

I agree he mentioned in his press conference that the NO game was more about evaluating the players and that McQuistan etc. would play alot this week.

cowboy4eva

Reaction score
Pettiti not playing is more good than bad to me. Parcells is all about testing players, if he wants to see what you have he'll put you in and probably in a tough spot like Pat last night. But if he knows what you offer him he's o.k with you not playing much. Not always the case because Henson sure as hell is not playing because Parcells knows what he has, but IMO this is the case for Rob.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
AdamJT13 said:
Petitti came in for our second possession of the third quarter and played the rest of the game. He played pretty well, from what I saw.

oh stop it -- it is much more fun to speculate that he stank and is going to be cut. you know, like Henson.

Cowboy from New York

Reaction score
Mr Cowboy said:
He played a little at LT in the 4th quarter................

He has become the Henson of the OL.

Pretty harsh, Pettiti will be the swing tackle and backup both positions I believe. Mcquistan is probably a PS guy.
Although I am at a loss to explain why, with Bledsoe still in the game, that BP brought Mcquistan in to replace him. You want to test the kid but, man.

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
burmafrd said:
I think you are right, and Petitti will be the swing tackle. Fabini needs to really improve to stick.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
Cowboy from New York said:
Pretty harsh, Pettiti will be the swing tackle and backup both positions I believe. Mcquistan is probably a PS guy.
Although I am at a loss to explain why, with Bledsoe still in the game, that BP brought Mcquistan in to replace him. You want to test the kid but, man.

McQuistan wouldn't make it to the practice squad. Someone would claim him. He'll most likely end up on our 53-man roster but inactive on game day, at least early in the season.

YoungBuck

Reaction score
He played and you didn't notice him. That's a good thing and how an OL should be. If you noticed him then he was doing somthing wrong.

Good game by our RT.

YoungBuck

Reaction score
burmafrd said:

You had me up to Colombo.