Rob Petitti, rain repellent.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Weird anology I know.

Once a year I try to have a big party here in Jarvland, bonfire, bands, food, drink, shoes, vollyball...etc.

Every year I spend a lot of time putting up this HUGE tarp in case of rain. I call it rain repellent. As long as you have the tarp up, it won't rain. If you hold off on putting up the tarp and say you will raise it if it rains...it rains.

Rob is looking like our swing tackle now, Can fill in on either side and while he may not be a pro-bowler from either side, I feel comfortable having him there.

What does this mean, well we won't need him because he is there. Now, if we weren't comfortable with him or he wasn't availible, Murphy's law would require that we need him.

To me, that makes Rob Pettiti, rain repellent.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Jarv said:
Weird anology I know.

Once a year I try to have a big party here in Jarvland, bonfire, bands, food, drink, shoes, vollyball...etc.

Every year I spend a lot of time putting up this HUGE tarp in case of rain. I call it rain repellent. As long as you have the tarp up, it won't rain. If you hold off on putting up the tarp and say you will raise it if it rains...it rains.

Rob is looking like our swing tackle now, Can fill in on either side and while he may not be a pro-bowler from either side, I feel comfortable having him there.

What does this mean, well we won't need him because he is there. Now, if we weren't comfortable with him or he wasn't availible, Murphy's law would require that we need him.

To me, that makes Rob Pettiti, rain repellent.

LOL nice analogy my friend...am I invited to the party?

NorthTexan95

Reaction score
I had a flat a few months back and that tire is still sitting in the back of my pickup. I know that if I ever get it repaired I'll get another flat soon enough. If I don't repair it I won't have another flat.

Same principle. :)

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
How much trouble is it to put up the tarp? I'm planning a party next spring and I want a tarp.

sago1

Reaction score
I'm not as comfortable with the idea of either Pettiti or McQuistan backing up Adams & my concerns track back to Tucker. He along with McQuistan & Pettiti never played LT in NFL & we saw the result. Realize there's a first time for any LT but Fabini spent most of his career at LT so he's proven--how much he has left is something only Parcells & his coaching staff can understand. We gotta be prudent cause it entirely possible Adams might miss some games throughout the season; we can't take it for granted he will always be there. Of course big question is whether Fabini can be legit backup LT when called upon or if young studs Pettiti & McQuistan would still perform better. Would certainly like avoid the problem of continually keeping in a RB/TE to block like we had to do for both OTs last year.

BARRYRAY

Reaction score
Either Fabini or Petititi may go, this might be a hard one for BP....

aikemirv

Reaction score
NorthTexan95 said:
I had a flat a few months back and that tire is still sitting in the back of my pickup. I know that if I ever get it repaired I'll get another flat soon enough. If I don't repair it I won't have another flat.

Same principle. :)

Or, you will get left on the road.

Reaction score
sago1 said:
I'm not as comfortable with the idea of either Pettiti or McQuistan backing up Adams & my concerns track back to Tucker. He along with McQuistan & Pettiti never played LT in NFL & we saw the result. Realize there's a first time for any LT but Fabini spent most of his career at LT so he's proven--how much he has left is something only Parcells & his coaching staff can understand. We gotta be prudent cause it entirely possible Adams might miss some games throughout the season; we can't take it for granted he will always be there. Of course big question is whether Fabini can be legit backup LT when called upon or if young studs Pettiti & McQuistan would still perform better. Would certainly like avoid the problem of continually keeping in a RB/TE to block like we had to do for both OTs last year.

Just watching McQuistan in the preseason gives me hope that we have an upgrade over Tucker already. AFA Petitti, obviously he has proven to BP during TC that he can fill in at either position & do an admirable job. I think Bill believes Petitti to be as good a RT as Columbo. However, if Petitti started, then Parcells would have nobody who has the ability to play both OT positions, ie the swing man. He knows Columbo & McQuistan can play their current positions pretty well, but he doesn't trust either to switch to the other side.

This makes Petitti a very valuable player on this team.