Rocked cracks winshield

Praxit

Reaction score
...hey Gents, It was raining bad the other day. Driving on the highway, with wipers full blast.

I could only see 20 yds ahead of me. I noticed a sanitation truck to my right. At that very moment, Bam!

a rock, size of quarter smacked the windshield. It was so loud, I thought a bird crashed on top of car.

Anyhow, the crack looks bad. About the size of baseball. Should try to fix it? Or just replace windshield?

Or use Jason Garrett's Quik-Fix silly putty. ..Jk..

rags747

Reaction score
...hey Gents, It was raining bad the other day. Driving on the highway, with wipers full blast.

I could only see 20 yds ahead of me. I noticed a sanitation truck to my right. At that very moment, Bam!

a rock, size of quarter smacked the windshield. It was so loud, I thought a bird crashed on top of car.

Anyhow, the crack looks bad. About the size of baseball. Should try to fix it? Or just replace windshield?

Or use Jason Garrett's Quik-Fix silly putty. ..Jk..
If the car is special get an original windshield from the dealer. If nothing special than Safelite will work quite fine.

Hardline

Reaction score
I would've gotten the name of that sanitation company and called them about being liable for my cracked window.
It's worked for me twice.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I would've gotten the name of that sanitation company and called them about being liable for my cracked window.
It's worked for me twice.
They were idiots, if it worked for you. A driver isn't responsible for rocks in the road that his tires kick up. Now, if it was a gravel truck or something, and the rock came out of his truck, then he or the company is liable.

Hardline

Reaction score
They were idiots, if it worked for you. A driver isn't responsible for rocks in the road that his tires kick up. Now, if it was a gravel truck or something, and the rock came out of his truck, then he or the company is liable.
That's what happened.

RS12

Reaction score
Most insurance if it's a chip that's fixable and you have comprehensive coverage, it will be fixed for no charge. If it is cracked and the windshield needs replacing and you have comprehensive coverage, it gets replaced subject to your comprehensive deductible.