Roger Goodell loses control over Ezekiel Elliott case, creates PR disaster for NFL

zekecowboy

Reaction score
Via NFL spokesman Joe Lockhart [...] the notion Goodell didn’t know about the opinions of Kia Roberts is false. The problem with that is this: Goodell’s awareness of the opinions of the person who interviewed Tiffany Thompson on multiple occasions makes Goodell’s decision to suspend Elliott seem even weaker and more wobbly.

While awareness of Roberts’ opinions may help the league eventually prevail in a court of law (where the league usually wins), it will not help the NFL in the court of public opinion (where the league usually loses). Either Goodell didn’t know about Kia Roberts’ opinions, or he did. Neither outcome looks good for the league.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...kiel-elliott-case-creates-pr-disaster-for-nfl

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Rog has had a slow testosterone leak for years, it's just starting to escalate more recently.......even during the draft he walks up to the podium all timid like he's afraid someone's gonna take his lunch money from him.....and he don't want to go through that again.

bark

Reaction score
Rog has had a slow testosterone leak for years, it's just starting to escalate more recently.......even during the draft he walks up to the podium all timid like he's afraid someone's gonna take his lunch money from him.....and he don't want to go through that again.
Just wait till he strolls up to the podium in big d next yr

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if Jerry Jones throws his weight around in this league to have Goodell fired. I know at least he and Mr Kraft of the Patriots would love to get this done and that is two very influential owners.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
After all this comes out the nfl owners should fire Goddell. He has destroyed their credibility and brought drama that shouldn't have been.

diefree666

Reaction score
Now I can see Goodells defense here

"Ms Friel told me the lead investigator had doubts about Ms Thompsons credibility. However Ms Friel felt that the overwhelming evidence otherwise indicated Mr Elliots guilt. I had no idea the extent of Ms Roberts doubts about Ms Thompson and also Ms Friel did not inform me that the overwhelming evidence was also carefully compiled in ways that would not withstand close examination."

Pants

Reaction score
From Henderson:

"Mr Henderson told me the lead investigator had doubts about Mr Goodell's credibility. However Mr Henderson, based on his overwhelming bias, vidence otherwise indicated Mr Elliots guilt. I had no idea the extent of Ms Roberts doubts about Ms Thompson and also Ms Friel did not inform me that the overwhelming evidence was also carefully compiled in ways that would not withstand close examination."

I see it more like this:

"Mr Henderson advised me that the lead investigator had doubts about Mr Goodell's credibility. However Mr Henderson, based on his overwhelming bias from numerous conversations with Goodell and Giants owner John Mara, indicated Mr Elliots guilt. I had no idea the extent of Mr Goodell's thoughts about Mara's involvement as they did not inform me that the overwhelming evidence was also carefully compiled in ways that would not withstand close examination. In other words, it was not utilized or entered into evidence."