Rogers, for the 3rd day

kenai

Reaction score
Eatman says on the DC website that Rogers manned 1st team right tackle for the 3rd straight day. Keep it up, Rogers.

...and goodbye Tucker!

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
I sure hope that Tucker isn't far behind Rogers. We're going to need him when Rogers' shoulder goes out mid-season.

TheHustler

Reaction score
Tucker probably won't even suit up on game days, looks like Vollers is going to be the backup RT/LT.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
JackMagist said:
I sure hope that Tucker isn't far behind Rogers. We're going to need him when Rogers' shoulder goes out mid-season.
Things back to normal I see, don't be to positive now. I think\hope\pray rogers will be fine and so will our offensive line IMO....

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
Things back to normal I see, don't be to positive now. I think\hope\pray rogers will be fine and so will our offensive line IMO....
Sorry jks...there are only about three players on the team that I have negative feelings about. It just happens that they are guys that you are high on and Rogers (with his shoulder history) is just one of them. I hope I'm wrong about them all since it would be good for the Cowboys if I am. However, I don't like to see too much hype for players that have so much to prove and I am compelled to point out where hype is hype and fact is fact.

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
JackMagist said:
Sorry jks...there are only about three players on the team that I have negative feelings about. It just happens that they are guys that you are high on and Rogers (with his shoulder history) is just one of them. I hope I'm wrong about them all since it would be good for the Cowboys if I am. However, I don't like to see too much hype for players that have so much to prove and I am compelled to point out where hype is hype and fact is fact.

just curious...who are the other 2?

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
JackMagist said:
its not that I'm high on him its just he appears to be the best we've got and I'm hoping\praying its enough. He does appear so far to be doing well and hopefully he'll work out and stay healthy....

CactusCowboy

Benched
Reaction score
I am very high on Rogers. He had a tough first year, so do 95% of rookies......He worked hard off season, is looking up to Riviera, I am liking what I see. I say he is RT starter!

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
da_boyz_mk said:
just curious...who are the other 2?
1) Bruce Thornton, a 4th round pick who didn't make it to a game until the third game (where he was injured) while two 7th round picks (Reeves and Nate Jones) drafted for the same position were making the trips. Also, read a lot of really bad scouting reports on him before and after he was drafted (reportedly slow and doesn't like to hit).

2) Bradie James who got a lot of playing time last year and usually ended up out of position running in circles like a Chinese Fire Drill and/or taking bad pursuit angles and missing tackles because of it. Has the physical ability but so far has not shown the head for the game.

Other than these two and Rogers I am very happy with the potential and/or proven ability of our other players. And my only concern about Rogers is his 4 shoulder surgerys.

Kilyin

Reaction score
Tucker isn't that bad. He's a good run blocker. Not sure how good he is at pass protection.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Kilyin said:
Tucker isn't that bad. He's a good run blocker. Not sure how good he is at pass protection.
Actually at the first of the year last year I felt that Tucker was better at pass blocking than at run blocking. They protected 41-year-old Testaverde pretty well most of the time but we cold only run to the left it seemed.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Kilyin said:

Tucker seemed passive in the running game and the whole right side of the line was a mess in run blocking last year.

In pass blocking, he was slow out of his stance and lacked the footwork to go against good speed rushers. I think he often got help with chip blocks that slowed TEs and RBs from getting into their pass routes.

I really hope Rogers works out because he has a lot more ability than Tucker.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Glad to hear the reports on Rogers are still positive. I would prefer him over Vollers, Vollers or Petetti over Tucker, Tucker on the PS or out right cut.