Romo an Emerging Danny White?

goshan

Reaction score
Romo reminds me a litte of Danny White (obviously not as good yet).

1. About the same height.
2. Quick release.
3. Quick feet.
4. Likes to improvise.
5. Reluctant to throw the ball away.
6. Moxie.
7. Good rush avoidance and overall pocket presence.
8. Prone to more mistakes than desired because of desire to not give up on a play.

Any one else see it?

wileedog

Reaction score
Hey, if he could punt we could save a roster spot.....

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I loved me some Danny White. To this day, I don't understand the hate for this man. He didn't win us the big one, but he gave us a heck of a show. I like the comparison.

Unforgiven

Reaction score
Clove said:
I loved me some Danny White. To this day, I don't understand the hate for this man. He didn't win us the big one, but he gave us a heck of a show. I like the comparison.

Drew Pearson isn't caught by a thread after "the catch" and the Cowboys win that game, probably win the SuperBowl, and who knows what would have happened from there. Maybe Danny White is held in the same regard that Montana is held in today.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Romo is definitely faster. The errant snap over his head last night is evidence of that. I loved Danny, but he could throw some boneheaded interceptions at times.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
wileedog said:
Hey, if he could punt we could save a roster spot.....
Romo's value would be if he could place kick... The punter spot is locked up.

CosmicCowboy

Reaction score
bbgun said:
Romo is definitely faster. The errant snap over his head last night is evidence of that. I loved Danny, but he could throw some boneheaded interceptions at times.

Yep.. I do remember that.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
goshan said:
Romo reminds me a litte of Danny White (obviously not as good yet).

1. About the same height.
2. Quick release.
3. Quick feet.
4. Likes to improvise.
5. Reluctant to throw the ball away.
6. Moxie.
7. Good rush avoidance and overall pocket presence.
8. Prone to more mistakes than desired because of desire to not give up on a play.

Any one else see it?
Please....I don't think so...nothing against Romo...I hope he becomes an adequate NFL starter some day, but Danny White was a highly gifted and highly touted QB who ended up holding many of STaubach's passing records and has been inducted into the college football hall of fame.

I hold Danny White in much higher regard than Romo, and so should most fans...at least until Romo has been a starting QB and broken passing records and led his team to championships.

CosmicCowboy

Reaction score
wayne_motley said:
Please....I don't think so...nothing against Romo...I hope he becomes an adequate NFL starter some day, but Danny White was a highly gifted and highly touted QB who ended up holding many of STaubach's passing records and has been inducted into the college football hall of fame.

I hold Danny White in much higher regard than Romo, and so should most fans...at least until Romo has been a starting QB and broken passing records and led his team to championships.

Well I remember the 'records' and 'the led the team to championships'...he just couldn't win them. And he with some good teams. :star:

ZeroClub

just trying to get better
Reaction score
I'm sure there are some similarities, but some differences would be swagger and mobility (Romo has more of both). Romo seems smaller - probably because the overall size of NFL players has increased since White played. Certainly White was a better pocket passer.