Romo For MVP If..

Reaction score
Could Romo land MVP honors if he takes the Cowboys to the playoffs after being out with a broken pinkie? After Romo went down the Cowboys went 1-2 with Brad Johnson as the QB.

This is a great way for Romo to display not only his skills but show how indespensible he is to the Dallas Cowboys and show the league that he is MVP material.

IMO, if Romo takes the Cowboys to the playoffs and wins a playoff game Tony needs to have some serious MVP consideration.

Welcome back Romo! Let's Go Cowboys!

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
maybe but who cares? MVP awards are for losers like A-rod. we want #6

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
The MVP is named before the playoffs IIRC, but if he takes the Cowboys to an 11-5+ record and puts up his usual numbers he would merit consideration.

Reaction score
windward;2416994 said:
The MVP is named before the playoffs IIRC, but if he takes the Cowboys to an 11-5+ record and puts up his usual numbers he would merit consideration.

Romo is 7th for TD's and missed three games!

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
i dont know about you all but id rather him be on the winning super bowl team and win super bowl mvp

MONT17

Reaction score
Quick question, what if Romo gets hurt again or simply reinjures the finger? Can we trade more draft picks because Brad n Brooks can't play!

This is where someone will ignore the fact Bollinger was cut by the Vikings and say Brooks is the man!

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
the kid 05;2417052 said:
i dont know about you all but id rather him be on the winning super bowl team and win super bowl mvp

Not to sound like a jerk who's bashing you, but what is the rational of this post?

Come on, do you really think there is even one fan here who would rather have Romo win an MVP over SB? :banghead:

Why is it that every time we have one of these threads discussing a not so important personal goal or award one of our players may achieve, we have to have the same old......well I'd rather have a SuperBowl.......NO ****!

How about a SB and an MVP for Romo? They are not exactly mutually exclusive. In fact I'd say that Romo making a serious run for MVP would probably mean we are on a serious run for the post-season.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
If Arizona keeps winning, I think its going to Kurt Warner. Not that its particularly justified, just what I think will happen.

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
sonnyboy;2417270 said:
Not to sound like a jerk who's bashing you, but what is the rational of this post?

Come on, do you really think there is even one fan here who would rather have Romo win an MVP over SB? :banghead:

Why is it that every time we have one of these threads discussing a not so important personal goal or award one of our players may achieve, we have to have the same old......well I'd rather have a SuperBowl.......NO ****!

How about a SB and an MVP for Romo? They are not exactly mutually exclusive. In fact I'd say that Romo making a serious run for MVP would probably mean we are on a serious run for the post-season.

im just saying whats more important the regular season mvp or the super bowl mvp? I didn't mean for it to sound like i dont want him to get the MVP for regular season...just rather he win it int he post season ;)

BIGDen

Dr. Freakasaurus
Reaction score
sonnyboy;2417270 said:

:clap2: I was just about to post the same thing. OF COURSE anyone would rather have a SB! There are other, significantly less important, achievements in this game and I would think it would be more than reasonable to discuss them in pro football team forum...

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Pick6TerenceNewman;2416983 said:
Could Romo land MVP honors if he takes the Cowboys to the playoffs after being out with a broken pinkie? After Romo went down the Cowboys went 1-2 with Brad Johnson as the QB.

This is a great way for Romo to display not only his skills but show how indespensible he is to the Dallas Cowboys and show the league that he is MVP material.

IMO, if Romo takes the Cowboys to the playoffs and wins a playoff game Tony needs to have some serious MVP consideration.

Welcome back Romo! Let's Go Cowboys!

Yes, just think if he wins the Super Bowl.....

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
One step at a time. Let's work on holding onto the ball first.

PBJTime

Semper Fidelis
Reaction score
The funny thing is, yesterday on Mike and Mike, they were talking about how well Romo takes care of the ball. He doesn't throw many interceptions. I was just thinking, do they watch the same QB that I do?

Don't get me wrong, I love Romo and think people realize how important he was now, but I wouldn't exactly describe him as somebody who takes care of the ball. I take the good with the bad though. I like the guy who takes chances.

Big Country

Rolling Thunder
Reaction score
In any case of Romo's pending success whatsoever, it would mean one massive turnaround of the recent shoddy OL play