Romo is the only leader this team has?

cowboy08

Reaction score
Chris Berman just made the only insightful comment I've ever heard come out of his mouth: The Cowboys are a team with 13 Pro Bowlers from the previous year and a young guy like Romo is the only rudder the Cowboy's ship has?

We lose one guy, QB or not, and we have no leaders to replace him? Not even our coach? This team looked lost and no one else stepped up to lead t his team. I think this shows that the Cowboys just do not have any real leadership on this team and we must be full of mental midgets if we fold up into the fetal position and take ***-kickings just because Romo isn't playing. This team is indeed in sad shape if we play like this again next Sunday. Even if we make it to the playoffs, a team that acts like this cannot win a Superbowl

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
cowboy08;2360517 said:
Chris Berman just made the only insightful comment I've ever heard come out of his mouth: The Cowboys are a team with 13 Pro Bowlers from the previous year and a young guy like Romo is the only rudder the Cowboy's ship has?

We lose one guy, QB or not, and we have no leaders to replace him? Not even our coach? This team looked lost and no one else stepped up to lead t his team. I think this shows that the Cowboys just do not have any real leadership on this team and we must be full of mental midgets if we fold up into the fetal position and take ***-kickings just because Romo isn't playing.

:bow:

Boysboy

Reaction score
cowboy08;2360517 said:

We lose one guy, QB or not, and we have no leaders to replace him? Not even our coach? This team looked lost and no one else stepped up to lead t his team. I think this shows that the Cowboys just do not have any real leadership on this team and we must be full of mental midgets if we fold up into the fetal position and take ***-kickings just because Romo isn't playing. This team is indeed in sad shape if we play like this again next Sunday. Even if we make it to the playoffs, a team that acts like this cannot win a Superbowl

Have you bothered to watch a Pats game since Brady went down?

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Boysboy;2360525 said:

Same deal, but why talk about the "UNBEATABLE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 19-0 OMG" when you can trash the Cowboys just for being the Cowboys?

Sports media is almost as bad as regular media. I'm especially disappointed in ESPN.

cowboy08

Reaction score
Boysboy;2360525 said:

For one, the Patriots are not bending over and taking it without lube just because Brady is out. They're fighting in every game still.

My point is not that we should play the same with or with-out Romo. But you could tell this team had no leadership on Sunday.

The Patriots also just do not have the same talent we do. Does any team have more Pro Bowlers on their team then we do? Who the heck are even the WRs (except for Moss) for the Patriots these days? Tight ends? We just have more talent then they do - by far, and we're by far in worse shape without Romo then they are without Brady (and Brady is more important then Tony, sorry but he is). They're also doing this without Maroney.

Brady put up crazy numbers year in and year out without ANY stars on offense except for Randy Moss last year. Tony is surrounded by top teir talent at ALL the skill positions, we should be faring much much much better then the Patriots are

festus

It aint no fun when the rabbit got the gun
Reaction score
I haven't viewd Romo as much of leader but more of a buddy to his teammates, I think Romo can use some polishing up on his leadership skills, sorry.

As far as losing one guy, have you noticed that besides Romo being hurt, we've lost Terrance Newman,Roy Williams,Kosier,Felix Jones,Matt McBriar, not to mention back up left cornerback,outside linebacker,our back up saftey and others just to name a few.

Mansta54

Reaction score
Boysboy;2360525 said:

Thank you man!!! Romo is HUGE to our team....

cowboy08

Reaction score
You guys are completely missing my point or it's going over your head.

Do you or do you not think that the team was noticeably flat and without leadership on Sunday? I know we had other injuries, but they didn't cause our team to go into the fetal position.

I'm not saying that we should have won either or that Romo is not important. My point is that we looked lost out there on Sunday without Tony and we seemingly lack ANY leadership beyond Romo.

cowboy08

Reaction score
festus;2360563 said:
I haven't viewd Romo as much of leader but more of a buddy to his teammates, I think Romo can use some polishing up on his leadership skills, sorry.

As far as losing one guy, have you noticed that besides Romo being hurt, we've lost Terrance Newman,Roy Williams,Kosier,Felix Jones,Matt McBriar, not to mention back up left cornerback,outside linebacker,our back up saftey and others just to name a few.

As I posted in another thread. Romo being out is a good excuse but NOT the other guys. THe Rams had their #1 CB/TE/C out, their hall of fame left tackle Orlando Pace, their second best WR, their starting LOLB. EVERY TEAM is banged up at this point in the year, those other guys being injured are not a legit excuse to lose a game.

Boysboy

Reaction score
juckie;2360583 said:
Yes they have won a few.

They got annihilated by a very bad Fins team, and got beat just as bad by a pretty mediocre Chargers team.

They're 3-2(and will prolly be 3-3 after tonight). So they're not much better than us.

cowboy08

Reaction score
Boysboy;2360600 said:
They got annihilated by a very bad Fins team, and got beat just as bad by a pretty mediocre Chargers team.

They're 3-2(and will prolly be 3-3 after tonight). So they're not much better than us.

OR they could win tonight and be in much better shape then we are. YOu're making my point for me.

Where would we be if Romo was gone for the season only five minutes into the first quarter of the first game? We'd be in dead last with MAYBE one win.

We need better coaches, if a guy like Haslett was coaching us yesterday you can bet we woud have put up a fight. Wade was just standing on the sidelines with his thousand yard stare not doing anything to motivate the players. We need better coaches and LESS of the me-first players who are the antithesis of being leaders.

SweetDC

Reaction score
I wouldn't exactly call Romo a leader, per se. Though he is a heck of a QB. We loss because our our offense with BJ at the helm couldn't overcome the points our defense gave away. Translation: this time our offense sucked as much as our defense usually does.

Our defense has been foul for quite some time now. Look at the past scores and see how many points opponents racked up on us. The only difference is Romo has the talent to rally the offense to outscore them; BJ doesn't.

But I wouldn't say Romo's skills are of the leadership variety. If that were the case, when Gurode squats in front of him Romo would have long since put his foot up Gurode's (bleep) instead of joking around with him. For all of Gurode's bad/high snaps and late snaps that resulted in delay of game penalties or a wasted timeouts, he needs a swift kick in the rear. Gurode should be walking around with a permanent footprint on his behind.

http://i27.***BLOCKED***/albums/c193/arubaflower/Gurode-1.png

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
festus;2360563 said:

I thought for a while I was the only one who thought this way. The plays well exactly like he is paid to do, but I don't see real leadership from him.

GMen86

Reaction score
Strahan was as good a team leader as you can have, not to mention the teams offense clearly began respondind to Eli as a leader as the season went on.

festus

It aint no fun when the rabbit got the gun
Reaction score
Canadian BoyzFan;2360889 said:
I thought for a while I was the only one who thought this way. The plays well exactly like he is paid to do, but I don't see real leadership from him.

I think that Romo is a good quarterback and I'm certainly glad that he's playing for us but I haven't been able to label him a true leader of this team just yet. I think the players rally around him when they are playing well, but I don't think he rallys the players when thay are playing bad.

Parnell

Reaction score
So, the giants only had Strahan for a leader? I think leadership is over-rated. Winning is more of a disease, just like losing. It's hard to explain what causes it, but once it starts, its spreads thru-out the team like its contagious.

Don't tell me the Giants won the SB cuz of Strahans leadership..I think it's deeper than that. It's why teams hire shrinks ya know?