Romo is the only leader this team has?

GMen86

Reaction score
The Giants were full of leaders, Strahan was the obvious one. To name a few more, Toomer, Pierce, Osi.....

Main reason the Giants won was because they played as a team, not as individuals. And that comes from leadership and coaching. SOmething the Cowboys are lacking.

SML84

Reaction score
Even when Romo was healthy, he wasn't a guy that was running around yelling at teammates...guys like Zach Thomas, Witten, and Ware have to step up. The Patriots have plenty of leaders, especially on the defense, so when Brady went down, other guys stepped up. I would say Harrison and Vrabel fit into that category.

ddh33

Reaction score
Leadership or not, I think it was a good comment in that Romo does seem to be this team's rudder. Without him, the rest of the group didn't even have a paddle.

The one thing that I hope comes out of this is that Romo gets a little more appreciation. Despite being a savior for this franchise, he's been ripped quite a bit by a lot of people. Maybe everyone will start to understand how good he is.

DABOYZ

Reaction score
a person who rules or guides or inspires others= A leader.

We have Zero leaders on this team. That is why this team has zero SB trophies.

Jimmy Johnson and the rest of the Cowboys players who won in the 90's have stated the same thing. Without multiple leaders this team will never win a SB!!

Forget what my opinion or anyone else's is. Player's on the team need to stand up or give up.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
I do think Romo is a leader. It takes all kinds of leaders. The problem is, it appears he's the only one. I think most good teams have more than one leader and more than one kind of leader.

It's obvious that as a team, we have no direction whatsoever if Romo isn't playing. It's one thing to lose your QB and just suck, but to lose your QB and just lay down?

AKATheRake

Reaction score
SweetDC;2360710 said:
I wouldn't exactly call Romo a leader, per se. Though he is a heck of a QB. We loss because our our offense with BJ at the helm couldn't overcome the points our defense gave away. Translation: this time our offense sucked as much as our defense usually does.

Our defense has been foul for quite some time now. Look at the past scores and see how many points opponents racked up on us. The only difference is Romo has the talent to rally the offense to outscore them; BJ doesn't.

But I wouldn't say Romo's skills are of the leadership variety. If that were the case, when Gurode squats in front of him Romo would have long since put his foot up Gurode's (bleep) instead of joking around with him. For all of Gurode's bad/high snaps and late snaps that resulted in delay of game penalties or a wasted timeouts, he needs a swift kick in the rear. Gurode should be walking around with a permanent footprint on his behind.

http://i27.***BLOCKED***/albums/c193/arubaflower/Gurode-1.png

LOL at the pick. Aren't you creative.:laugh2: