Romo passes Aikman

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Troy's career high passing TD total was 23, today romo has matched that with his 23rd toss

Aikman's career high for TDs in a season was 24 which Romo has passes with 25

I can not believe how great this kid is playing!

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
BigDFan5;1760002 said:
Troy's career high passing TD total was 23, today romo has matched that with his 23rd toss

There is something about Romo. I never got to personally see Staubach play, but from replays and reading over the years, I get the impression that he always gave you the sense that the very next play could turn it all around. That there was always a chance no matter how bad things might look.

I get that from Romo. Aikman, I never got that from. He was the best at taking what a defense gave him, but Romo seems to MAKE the defense give him something. It's a totally different feeling.

Hopefully the football gods don't strike me down for saying that. ;)

CarlAllDay

Reaction score
well give tony an emmitt smith to go with his terrell owens and i'd tell you no problem

Doomsday101

Reaction score
BigDFan5;1760002 said:

It really is a fairy tale story. You just don't see UDFA turn into elite QB's that often and that is what Romo has become an elite QB

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Yep and that UDFA totally outplayed the #1 overall pick (at least he would have been if he hadn't demanded a trade).

I bet the teams in the NFC East are just sick when they think about the great luck we have had at getting a Quarterback .

Im listening to Mike and Mike right now,

They are going over a quote supposedly Bill Parcells said to Wellington Mara, the late owner of the the NY Giants.

After a meaningless game against the Giants in 2004, Parcells supposedly walked up to Wellington Mara and said "Well at least you guys have a quaterback".

Fast forward 3 years....

Like the great Lee Corso says, "Not so fast my friend".

- Mike G.

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
It is hard to fathom a 40+ TD season from a Dallas QB, but Romo is currently on pace.

SibannacRex

Reaction score
BigDFan5;1760002 said:

This is great. But how can Troy have two career highs?

thurmansthieves

Reaction score
Total TDs in a season combines his passing and rushing TDs. That number was 24. His season high in passing alone was 23. Seems mediocre considering what a great QB he was. I guess it just emphasizes the fact we did have a monster running game and Emmitt did score alot.

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
Ozzu;1760019 said:
There is something about Romo. I never got to personally see Staubach play, but from replays and reading over the years, I get the impression that he always gave you the sense that the very next play could turn it all around. That there was always a chance no matter how bad things might look.

I get that from Romo. Aikman, I never got that from. He was the best at taking what a defense gave him, but Romo seems to MAKE the defense give him something. It's a totally different feeling.

I get what you're saying. Not taking anything away from Aikman, but not even when he was the QB did I have the feeling we could win any game, down by two TDs or whatever, as long as Romo is behind center. That's how Staubach was - I like that in a QB.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Ozzu;1760019 said:

Agreed. I feel like we have a chance to score or win when we get the ball back. Its a good and missed feeling.

I dont know if agree about the Aikman part. I felt like when he was throwing that we could score and win. Maybe not as much as Romo. But I was still confident in Aikman. It was never over until the 60 mins were up in my mind.

RomoIsBack

Reaction score
DallasDomination;1760021 said:
Passing Aikman stat wise isnt hard..It's the number of rings that count.
if the patriots get pick in the playoffs we win one

Mavs Man

All outta bubble gum
Reaction score
YoMick;1760927 said:
Agreed. I feel like we have a chance to score or win when we get the ball back. Its a good and missed feeling.

I dont know if agree about the Aikman part. I felt like when he was throwing that we could score and win. Maybe not as much as Romo. But I was still confident in Aikman. It was never over until the 60 mins were up in my mind.

One more thing about Aikman - he didn't have a lot of chances to bring his teams back when they weren't down to begin with.

vicjagger

Reaction score
I have no problem with the first and third sentences, but that second one is a real head-scratcher.

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
BigDFan5;1760002 said:

Romo is doing great, but remember, While Aikman was amassing his TD records, Emmitt Smith was setting NFL records.