Romo pretty much back to normal

burmafrd

Reaction score
I doubt he is going to put up the numbers he did early since now teams are starting to be able to gameplan him. But outside of a little problem early, he was very good. BP can still jump him about some of his decisions, but overall he had a very good game.

STSINAZ

Reaction score
he had some bad plays that need to get fixed, he could have had the fumble to glenn....backward pass...one of the tips could hve been picked...he had a fumble that he picked up...its those things that could cost us a game one day in the playoffs...trust me...

Ken

Reaction score
STSINAZ;1239267 said:
he had some bad plays that need to get fixed, he could have had the fumble to glenn....backward pass...one of the tips could hve been picked...he had a fumble that he picked up...its those things that could cost us a game one day in the playoffs...trust me...

How are tipped passes his fault?

I just don't understand that. They happen.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Every QB is going to make mistakes. Every QB is going to fumble; every one is going to have bad passes and make bad decisions. Point is that Romo is doing a whole lot more GOOD then bad.

lspain1

Reaction score
Ken;1239275 said:

I think the point here is that teams are trying to contain him in the pocket so more of the tips can happen. Romo throws so well on the run that opponents want to limit his movement. The tip on the INT was a great play by Coleman(?). It was definitely NOT Romo's fault.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
He converted a 3rd and 20, 3rd and 12, and I believe maybe another 3rd and 13 - something our offense hasn't seen since the days of # 8. Made two perfect passes to T.O. for scores, and managed to exploit the zone with Witten over the middle all night. Not to mention the beautiful ball he threw to Glenn on the quick fade. Yeah, hes the future - the Saints game was a fluke.

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
The thing that seems to be Romo's trademark is completion pct. Plus he is clutch on third down.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
Ken;1239275 said:

He has a low release point, a sort of 3/4 delivery problem, same thing Henson had (of course Romo has alot better touch and accuracy then Henson). I am actually a bit concerned about it. NFL networks special on Romo said its probably why he wasnt drafted.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
burmafrd;1239260 said:
I doubt he is going to put up the numbers he did early since now teams are starting to be able to gameplan him. But outside of a little problem early, he was very good. BP can still jump him about some of his decisions, but overall he had a very good game.

75% complete, 9 yds a pass, 100 rating for the game
(give or take a bit on each)
not at all bad

One thing I have noticed in all 8 starts is he needs to get going, he almost always seems a bit rusty on the 1st series or 2, though it's working out just fine

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Ken;1239275 said:

sometimes they are, sometimes they arnt

if you throw the ball 5 ft off the ground though, its probably the QB

watching live I did think the one that got tipped and picked might have been Rivera's fault, but havent seen the replay of the game yet

David

burmafrd

Reaction score
I think it was Rivera- he was being owned on that play pretty bad.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
lurkercowboy;1239316 said:
The thing that seems to be Romo's trademark is completion pct. Plus he is clutch on third down.
I know you didn't mean it as a knock on Romo, but completion percentage is David Carr's trademark. Carr's leading the league at 69.4%.

But Carr is 9th in passer rating and 23rd in yards per attempt.

Romo is top 3 in all three categories, which makes him one of the best all-around QB's in the NFL.

true_north

Reaction score
GoinForSix;1239307 said:
He converted a 3rd and 20, 3rd and 12, and I believe maybe another 3rd and 13 - something our offense hasn't seen since the days of # 8. Made two perfect passes to T.O. for scores, and managed to exploit the zone with Witten over the middle all night. Not to mention the beautiful ball he threw to Glenn on the quick fade. Yeah, hes the future - the Saints game was a fluke.

Right there is the thing I like about this kid Romo. He is a cool dude when the chips are down. You just get the feeling in these situations that he will find a way to make a play. His performance in these type of situations is either at the top of the NFL, or near the top.