Romo seemed sharp ..

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Over 300 yards and 3 TD?

What presence and poise. Toughness, man.
Cannot say enough about him.

Wait til he's completely healed!

Hats off to the defense, too!!!!

Is there any question that Romo is back?

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
I'm with Troy, keep the damn splint on if you're playing this well.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hard to imagine he was still wearing that splint. His passes were zipping around like normal. I'm no doctor and didn't stay at Holiday Inn last night but I'm ready to declare him completely recovered. :)

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
theogt;2448257 said:
This would remind me of Richard Hamilton of the Detroit Pistons.

He broke his nose or something like that one year so he had to play with a clear faceguard. And while he played with the mask, he played well. So he kept it on and continues to do so.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
sacowboysfan513;2448264 said:
This would remind me of Richard Hamilton of the Detroit Pistons.

He broke his nose or something like that one year so he had to play with a clear faceguard. And while he played with the mask, he played well. So he kept it on and continues to do so.

Hamilton has had 3 reconstructive surgeries which has left him with no nose cartilage and one more blow to the nose would probably end his career, so the comparison is totally off base.

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
Big Dakota;2448286 said:
Hamilton has had 3 reconstructive surgeries which has left him with no nose cartilage and one more blow to the nose would probably end his career, so the comparison is totally off base.

ah, did not know that. Oh well

Everson24

Reaction score
Romo should have had 5 TD's. He missed an open Witten early and if TO holds onto that slant its a long TD as well.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Everson24;2448373 said:
Romo should have had 5 TD's. He missed an open Witten early and if TO holds onto that slant its a long TD as well.
Another 5 TD performance on dead bird day would've been out of this world. I can't wait for him to throw his first TD to Roy Williams, though. That 40 yard catch was sweet.

Eskimo

Reaction score
theogt;2448257 said:

If it is adequately healed, then take it off. I can guarantee that it interferes with his grip and he will pass much better when it is off. Once ossification of the callus has occurred and a good amount of stress across the fracture site does not cause pain you have to set him free.

By Pittsburgh he will be 8 weeks post-injury - still a bit iffy but very likely there should have been a lot of healing by then, especially if they are using modern techniques to hasten the healing process.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Eskimo;2448417 said:
If it is adequately healed, then take it off. I can guarantee that it interferes with his grip and he will pass much better when it is off. Once ossification of the callus has occurred and a good amount of stress across the fracture site does not cause pain you have to set him free.

By Pittsburgh he will be 8 weeks post-injury - still a bit iffy but very likely there should have been a lot of healing by then, especially if they are using modern techniques to hasten the healing process.
It was a joke, dude.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Romo said after the game he'd be very surprised if he needed the splint for Pittsburgh. Sounds like he's almost 100%.

Undisputed

Reaction score
The guy is so elusive it's ridiculous. That has got to be annoying for fans of opposing teams. That extra second he buys is was leads to so many of our big plays.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Undisputed;2448426 said:
The guy is so elusive it's ridiculous. That has got to be annoying for fans of opposing teams. That extra second he buys is was leads to so many of our big plays.
Yup, there's not much more demoralizing to a defense than to have the guy in your grasp, then have him slip away and chunk the ball downfield. Has there ever been a guy as slippery as Romo?

Eskimo

Reaction score
theogt;2448418 said:
It was a joke, dude.

My bad, hard to tell sometimes.

It really is a miracle Romo can throw with any accuracy with splint on - grip power is very likely severely curtailed by inability of the hard to corrugate properly. I think the saving grace is how much the have cut it back on the pinkie to give him the sensory feedback from the fignertip. Having said that, the first sacrifice of shortening a splint is stability due to shortening of the lever arm which makes me wonder how effective the brace really is. My gues is its main purpose is a bit of padding in case of a direct blow, but not much else.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
I'm really glad that Romo is back to being "Romo," and has given up that Brady fantasy. He has much better movability than Brady, and there's no reason to surrender that quality and pretend you're a 6-foot-4 guy you're not. I can't even imagine how different game film of Romo from Week 2 probably looks from today's game and last week's.

Trickblue, I believe, was one of the first initially leading the charge on this issue. I initially resisted, but came around a month or so ago.

Hopefully, we can take this momentum into December for once.