Romo to follow Favre's advice and gut it out?

perrykemp

Reaction score
Story here:

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/27200323/

Looks like Romo's idol and hero is influencing Romo a bit. I think Romo should let his finger heal. Favre has always been a once in a lifetime freak of nature when it comes to durability and playing with injuries (ie, his broken thumb on his throwing hand!) but realistically this injury put QBs out for 3-4 weeks.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I don't think the coaches are going to let Romo play if they believe there is any chance, at all, that he can injure himself further or that the injury will in fact hinder him in any form or fashion. If they believe either one of those things are going to happen then Romo can want to play all he wants to they're not going to let him.

Aven8

Reaction score
I think this would be a selfish move....Believe me I want him out there, but he's got to think about the team longterm this season.

Let Brad play this game, and see how it goes...then he can try next week. It's not a good idea to get out there against Tampa, or the Giants for that matter with this lingering.

Get well soon Tony!

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Let him sit the Rams game and maybe the Bucs game, let the finger heal a little bit, then throw a cast/glove type thing on and get him out there for the Giants game.

I can live without Romo for two games...but we need this guy against the rest of the NFCE

silver

Reaction score
maybe TO let Romo use his hyperbaric chamber a little bit.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Romo should take the advice of medical professionals and stay as far away from any advice given by Vicodin Man. Just my two cents.

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
Aven8;2342820 said:
I think this would be a selfish move....Believe me I want him out there, but he's got to think about the team longterm this season.

Let Brad play this game, and see how it goes...then he can try next week. It's not a good idea to get out there against Tampa, or the Giants for that matter with this lingering.

Get well soon Tony!

I agree. If this was the playoffs, then maybe. But its not, we are playing the Rams, and the team along with Brad Johnson know that BJ will be the man for this game.

Just rest it up. Stay on the sidelines. If he wants to be a part of this game, he should become a vocal leader on the sidelines during the game.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
I secretly want Romo to break Bretts starting streak.

But I have to question Brett's intentions right now. Him and Romo haven't really been the best of friends. Brett skipped the probowl which Romo was his backup. Brett left Texas Stadium without shaking Romos hand.

Didn't think they were the best of friends.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
ROMO, our coaches, trainers and most important Mr. Jones will make the right decision for our team........more to come