Romo used to wait until the last second to snap the ball

droopdog7

Reaction score
I'm hearing murmurs about teams being effective by disguising their defense against dak. I recall Romo used to wait until the last second to snap the ball to force teams to show their coverage. I remember because I found it curious at the time, as I was not sure why he did it.

Anyway, I don't think Dak takes the same approach consistently; but maybe he should?

brymatt94

Reaction score
I'm hearing murmurs about teams being effective by disguising their defense against dak. I recall Romo used to wait until the last second to snap the ball to force teams to show their coverage. I remember because I found it curious at the time, as I was not sure why he did it.

Anyway, I don't think Dak takes the same approach consistently; but maybe he should?
Dak definitely does that as well. He's constantly changing protections and concepts up until the last few seconds.

droopdog7

Reaction score
Dak definitely does that as well. He's constantly changing protections and concepts up until the last few seconds.
You may be right but I don't notice it the same way. In any event, seems peculiar that he's changing protections before the defense shows it's hand. If they are indeed confusing him, then that would that probably isn't especially effective.

jrumann59

Reaction score
The one thing I like about Dak that Romo was not good at was drawing players offside and getting the "free play". It annoyed me when Romo would get a guy to jump either he had time to reset or they would still run a "conservative" play.