Romo will have a bright future

jr40usa

Reaction score
I am just like all cowboys fan. I was so mad at Romo Saturday night regarding his 1st half play. But after calming down couple days later.
Romo, really is not the problem..it really is JG. He practice all week to excute the offensive game plan that JG has given to him. I really believe that is the problem. Sure, Romo makes some mistakes at time. What QB doesn't.
I will from now on be more understanding with our young and still learning QB. It is always easy to blame the QB. How many years has passed since we have had a good QB before Romo came on board.

fortdick

Reaction score
jr40usa;2519041 said:
I am just like all cowboys fan. I was so mad at Romo Saturday night regarding his 1st half play. But after calming down couple days later.
Romo, really is not the problem..it really is JG. He practice all week to excute the offensive game plan that JG has given to him. I really believe that is the problem. Sure, Romo makes some mistakes at time. What QB doesn't.
I will from now on be more understanding with our young and still learning QB. It is always easy to blame the QB. How many years has passed since we have had a good QB before Romo came on board.

I get mad at Tony also, but really, how many QBs in the league are better? Peyton, Brady, Brees are the only three I think I would even consider replacing him with. And I would only think about it.

Tony is the perfect QB for this team. He takes risk that make the offense explosive. No risk, no reward. For evey dumb int he throws, there are four plays he made as the result of his ability to move and make throws under pressure.

All this condemnation of Romo is just crazy. He is what he is - the most exciting QB in the league to watch. Tony has faced the three toughest defenses in the league the past month and still he put points on the board. 24 against the Ravens should have been enough to win. We lost that game because of dumb defensive play/calling in the fourth qtr.

As a side note, I would love to see Tony in the West Coast offense. That is made for TO, Roy 11 and Witten. Add Felix and MBIII and it would be unstoppable. Better than the 49'ers in their hayday.

Get Holmgren in here ASAP!

cowboys#1

Finish!
Reaction score
all he has to do is stop turning the ball over so many times. o yea and lift some weights. he has a weak arm with the long ball.

gmoney112

Reaction score
cowboys#1;2519082 said:
all he has to do is stop turning the ball over so many times. o yea and lift some weights. he has a weak arm with the long ball.

i noticed that too

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
gmoney112;2519086 said:
i noticed that too

previously he used to use his right arm a lot more... it's just now he has Jessica to do that for him.

utrunner07

Reaction score
I am just begining to think the problem is Tony not Garrett. Tony clearly is not prepared, clearly makes terrible decisions and then goes on to make ignorant excuses about those decisions, I would be willing to bet he has become pretty uncoachable...just thinking out loud, but signs have been pointing to serious attitude problems with Romo ALL year.

fortdick

Reaction score
utrunner07;2519093 said:
I am just begining to think the problem is Tony not Garrett. Tony clearly is not prepared, clearly makes terrible decisions and then goes on to make ignorant excuses about those decisions, I would be willing to bet he has become pretty uncoachable...just thinking out loud, but signs have been pointing to serious attitude problems with Romo ALL year.

Unbelieveable!

I just can't understand all the bandwagon jumpers we have here.

Who would you rather have than Tony? Give me names.

xWraithx

Benched
Reaction score
fortdick;2519097 said:
Unbelieveable!

Vinny Testaverde

utrunner07

Reaction score
fortdick;2519097 said:
Unbelieveable!

I have been off the Tony bandwagon since the first Philli game (yes, even though we won) and have yet to get back on. I doubt I ever will because I see where he is heading. As for who I would take over him:

E. Manning, P. Manning, J. Garcia, M. Castle, M. Hasselbeck, D. Brees, P. Rivers, J. Cutler and M. Ryan....and hopefully next year Tim Tebo will be taken over him.

JerryFan

Reaction score
utrunner07;2519122 said:
I have been off the Tony bandwagon since the first Philli game (yes, even though we won) and have yet to get back on. I doubt I ever will because I see where he is heading. As for who I would take over him:

E. Manning, P. Manning, J. Garcia, M. Castle, M. Hasselbeck, D. Brees, P. Rivers, J. Cutler and M. Ryan....and hopefully next year Tim Tebo will be taken over him.

LOL. I'll give you some of those guys, but man if you aren't the falvor the month kind of guy. Matt Castle, Hasselback, Rivers, Garcia, Eli Manning, Matt Ryan you can have all those guys and I'll take Tony over every one of them. Tim Tebow? Seriously? LOL, thats to much.

utrunner07

Reaction score
JerryFan;2519138 said:
LOL. I'll give you some of those guys, but man if you aren't the falvor the month kind of guy. Matt Castle, Hasselback, Rivers, Garcia, Eli Manning, Matt Ryan you can have all those guys and I'll take Tony over every one of them. Tim Tebow? Seriously? LOL, thats to much.

Um Garcia has been great over the past four years, Eli has been solid for two years now, Hasselback is solid without any help, same thing for Rivers....Castle and Ryan are flavors of the month though...

As for Tebow, it would be nice if we could pick him up, his style would suit this team very well.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
fortdick;2519097 said:
Unbelieveable!

N-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-!!!! Don't ask for names. Nothing good can come of any names you get. They're going to be Manning, Brees, Brady, and then about 5-6 really stupid options. You'll feel compelled to argue. A ridiculous discussion will ensue. Intellects will be insulted. Comments about not wearing rose-colored glasses will be made.

Can't we go back to arguing whether or not Marion Barber is a *****? At least that argument is so over-the-top stupid that it can't really ever take off.

Aven8

Reaction score
Romo will improve when we get a great coordinator/head coach.

What has Garrett really ever done coaching wise anyway?? He was the QB's coach at Miami and there QB's sucked. He had a great year last year IMO because of Sparano. At the end of the year the league caught up to us.

This year we look poorly coached, out of sync, etc. I mean who the hell is Roddy White???? Why is this kid 2nd in the NFL?? With our wideouts we should be dominating!

My guess is we hire Cowher, or most likely Holmgren and we bring in Dom Capers to run the D.

Romo needs a QB's coach....someone that will tell him when he's being stupid and to keep him under wraps when he comes unraveled.

Some of you think that Wade and Garrett are fine, but I can guarantee you Jerry won't allow it to continue.....he loves Romo and has put all his stock into him.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
utrunner07;2519122 said:

Well, I had Brady in place of 'Castle,' but you get the point. The point is, I'm a damn prophet when it comes to predicting massive board overreactions.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Tony does not stop turning the ball over, the only bright future he is going to have is working in a light bulb factory.

fortdick

Reaction score
Idgit;2519172 said:
N-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-!!!! Don't ask for names. Nothing good can come of any names you get. They're going to be Manning, Brees, Brady, and then about 5-6 really stupid options. You'll feel compelled to argue. A ridiculous discussion will ensue. Intellects will be insulted. Comments about not wearing rose-colored glasses will be made.

Can't we go back to arguing whether or not Marion Barber is a *****? At least that argument is so over-the-top stupid that it can't really ever take off.

LMAO! :lmao2:

You said it perfectly. That is all I can see coming of it.

Tim Tebow? Maybe we can get Jamarcus Russell from the Raiders?

fortdick

Reaction score
utrunner07;2519122 said:

You forgot Quincy Carter. He should be in your list based on some of the names you have listed. Cutler? Ryan? Garcia? If you include Garcia, why not include McNab, didn't the Iggles get rid of Garcia because they had McNabb?

The only three QBs I would even consider re Brady, Peyton and Brees.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
Aven8;2519178 said:
My guess is we hire Cowher, or most likely Holmgren and we bring in Dom Capers to run the D.

I really like the Holmgren Capers angle.

It would be awesome if we could keep Wade as the DC. But I highly doubt that happens.

Holmgren has shown that he really is adept at working with QBs. I don't need to state the obvious, but look what he's done with Favre and Hasselbeck. Hell, Seneca Wallace looked pretty damn good yesterday too.

I've personally never felt that Cowher was that great of a coach. I think Holmgren is a better coach, especially if you pair him with a good defensive guy.

Cowher built consistantly good teams in Pittsburgh. He never assembled a great team. Holmgren put together a great team in Packers, though if I remember correctly he did have a GM too. If the refs don't screw Seattle in that SuperBowl, I don't even think Cowher's name is even mentioned as close to as frequently as it is now.