Romo's delivery

Bizwah

Reaction score
Last night, Romo had some passes batted down at the LOS. Two were intercepted (although one was nullified due to penalty. I also saw a couple of other passes that were very close to being batted down.

Was this due to our OL? Or does Romo's 3/4 delivery have more to do with the passes getting knocked down?

So far, this hasn't been a huge problem....I was just wondering if anyone knows what was the cause of this.

Aikbach

Reaction score
Bizwah;1240309 said:
Last night, Romo had some passes batted down at the LOS. Two were intercepted (although one was nullified due to penalty. I also saw a couple of other passes that were very close to being batted down.

Was this due to our OL? Or does Romo's 3/4 delivery have more to do with the passes getting knocked down?

So far, this hasn't been a huge problem....I was just wondering if anyone knows what was the cause of this.
He forced some things and his delivery doesn't forgive him for doing that unfortunately.

He got lucky last game with a fourth down TD to TO but more often than not the tips and picks will occur doing that.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Actually his delivery must be fine because last night was the first I could remember of him getting his ball batted down at the LOS. So he finds a way to throw around the tall arms of the DLine.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
The tip and interception wasn't because of his delivery. A tall defender got his hands up and barely tipped it with his fingertips. The pass wasn't a very deep so it was straight-line with no arc. That just happens sometimes. Unless your QB is 8' tall, of course.

jrumann59

Reaction score
The OL didn't help. Big Grady and Coleman did a good job of collapsing the middle of the line.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
The first one was caused by the DT doing a good job of recognizing the play. If you're looking down the middle of the field and then throwing the ball, it's very difficult for D-Linemen to bat down passes regardless of the release point. But on that play it was pretty much a designed one look slant pass. The second one was more of a forced throw on Romo's part. But there were two things that happened there. One, Grady Jackson jumped badly offsides and there's a good chance that the pass never gets batted down if Jackson doesn't get the jump. Also, Romo may have seen the flag go down and new it was a free play so he threw it anyway knowing he didn't have anything to lose.

YAKUZA

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
the whole delivery thing and a qb's height are way over blown, passing lanes are key to everything and the o-line wasn't helping much at times last night

jrumann59

Reaction score
stealth;1240371 said:
the whole delivery thing and a qb's height are way over blown, passing lanes are key to everything and the o-line wasn't helping much at times last night

To a point yes but release points and height help if you can't get a good passing lane.

Bizwah

Reaction score
Thanks....

I was wondering why, all of a sudden, that Romo was getting his passes tipped. It seemed like his passes were inches away all last night.

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
jrumann59;1240390 said:
To a point yes but release points and height help if you can't get a good passing lane.

nah I don't buy that d lineman are ussually tall so no matter a qb's release point it will still be below the reach of a lineman's arms

DallasDomination

Reaction score
Qbs throw threw thte defenders arms every game..His low delivery isnt the problem, it was our Oline getting pushed back and the defenders making some good plays.

Romo is fine, He did just have another clutch game last night.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
jrumann59;1240390 said:

Agreed. It's not like passing lanes are ALWAYS there.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
Bizwah;1240309 said:

Actually I had recorded that 30 minute show "Who is Romo?" yesterday afternoon and watched it before the game. There was a whole segment on there about how there were questions about his low delivery dating back to high school. Thus partly the reason why he didn't go to a large college and also part of the reason why he wasn't drafted. The special also went on to talk about how you can't deny his accuracy, poise, moxie(they didn't say moxie but I love that word), and grit. The guy just knows how to win. There's no substitute for that. Low delivery or not.

I definitely thought about that segment last night though when it seemed they kept knocking his passes down. :)

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Bleu Star;1240413 said:
Actually I had recorded that 30 minute show "Who is Romo?" yesterday after noon and watched it before the game. There was a whole segment ion there about how there were questions about his low delivery dating back to high school. Thus partly the reason why he didn't go to a large college and also part of the reason why he wasn't drafted. The special also went on to talk about how you can't deny his accuracy, poise, moxie(they didn't say moxie but I love that word), and grit. The guy just knows how to win. There's no substitute for that. Low delivery or not.

I definitely thought about that segment last night though when it seemed they kept knocking his passes down. :)

It's kinda like Flutie. All that guy did was win as well but was really never given the chance in the NFL until very late in his career....and look at what he did when he took over for (I can't remember who the QB was)....he took them to the playoffs and then pulled Flutie and lost. I remember the media wondering what Buffalo was doing by pulling the QB that got you there for a guy that hasn't played in quite a while. They just kept showing him sitting there on the bench.

CowboyJeff

Reaction score
Bleu Star;1240413 said:
Actually I had recorded that 30 minute show "Who is Romo?" yesterday afternoon and watched it before the game. There was a whole segment on there about how there were questions about his low delivery dating back to high school. Thus partly the reason why he didn't go to a large college and also part of the reason why he wasn't drafted. The special also went on to talk about how you can't deny his accuracy, poise, moxie(they didn't say moxie but I love that word), and grit. The guy just knows how to win. There's no substitute for that. Low delivery or not.

maybe his low delivery is the Cowboys' gain

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
Jimz31;1240438 said:
It's kinda like Flutie. All that guy did was win as well but was really never given the chance in the NFL until very late in his career....and look at what he did when he took over for (I can't remember who the QB was)....he took them to the playoffs and then pulled Flutie and lost. I remember the media wondering what Buffalo was doing by pulling the QB that got you there for a guy that hasn't played in quite a while. They just kept showing him sitting there on the bench.

Ron Johnson.

That punk.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
yeah, romo had a coupla passes where it looked like he was aiming at the D-linemans outstretched hand.

but did you see him drop that strike in on TO in stride?... flippin' perfect.

don't mess with my man's mechanics. puh-leez...