Romo's legs are the X factor

tunahelper

Reaction score
Romo needs to run with the ball some Sunday when the pocket breaks down.

If he would of scrambled more against Buffalo the LB's would not have taken straight sprint drops with Romo going for 5-10 yards a pop.

This will open up the passing lanes, so he can find TO.

cowboys19

Reaction score
I agree, but IMO i don't think thats Romo's game. He wont run unless he absolutely has too.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
tunahelper;1703831 said:
Romo needs to run with the ball some Sunday when the pocket breaks down.

If he would of scrambled more against Buffalo the LB's would not have taken straight sprint drops with Romo going for 5-10 yards a pop.

This will open up the passing lanes, so he can find TO.

I couldn't believe he didn't take off a lot more on Monday. He needs to take off some early to keep the Pats honest. Not only that, but move out of the pocket more and throw as well.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
I dislike QBs who are a part of the Running game (Vick/Young). If you want a running game get a RB and run him not a 50% QB and a 50% RB who cant do both correctly.

Romo's legs are marvelous, but I'd prefer he use them only to take advantage of a defensive breakdown and not turn to the running game while the big yardage plays are there.

The X Factor has the be the running game. We need Marion and Julius to show up, we can't only run when we are leading by 14 points and the enemy is demoralized. We need a consistent running game.

sago1

Reaction score
I also understand the Bills were baiting Romo to run. Since he did make one run and his helmet was torn off by a Bill player (who was penalized), I can't help thinking that hurting Romo might have been on the agenda.

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
I disagree that Romo needs to run. I'd just as soon watch him work from the pocket all day. He'll run only when required. That's Staubach...ooops.... I mean Romo.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
sago1;1703846 said:
I also understand the Bills were baiting Romo to run. Since he did make one run and his helmet was torn off by a Bill player (who was penalized), I can't help thinking that hurting Romo might have been on the agenda.

That's a good point. Ya don't hear "kill the QB" much anymore but up untill the 90's it was par for the course to try and knock him out. Then again they didn't have the hook slide rule either.

ROMOSAPIEN9

Proud Grandpa
Reaction score
sago1;1703846 said:

Of course it was. And that was a good strategy.

Would you rather have your FRANCHISE QB have 6 turnovers or 1 concussion??

Romo perseveres!

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
sago1;1703846 said:

After they realized Romo was throwing INTs like a lunatic, the Bills strategy to replace Romo with Brad fell through.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Hypnotoad;1703845 said:
I dislike QBs who are a part of the Running game (Vick/Young).

Which Young? Steve Young or Vince Young, if I remember correctly, they were/are scramblers.

I don't think it matters if a QB runs or not, the only thing that matters is W's. If you gotta rush for 45 yards a game to get it done, then do it. Romo needs to do everything in his power to win the game, whether that be throwing from the pocket or scrambling. I could care less how he gets it done, but I definitely agree we need to get the running game going, our line hasn't run block well all season.