Ron Jaworski is a Romo Fan

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
This morning on the way to work he was on Mike & Mike. He said that after Peyton and Brady the the QB he would take in all the NFL is Tony Romo.

At lunch he was on the Mike Tirico Show and they were asking him about QBs and and it was brought up about Romo again. He called him "humble" as opposed to some guys who come in expecting that they have arrived. Saying Romo earned it rather than expected it.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Be sure to read the thread title carefully and not just glance at it like I did. :laugh1:

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dogunwo;1765976 said:
Wonder if he is still a Trent Edwards fan

Why not?

Edwards didn't do anything to lose his job except get hurt.

Edwards showed a lot when he was in there. Losman has pulled out a couple victories over weak oppentents lately but I would guess that when the dust settles come the beginning of next season that Edwards will be the starter for the Bills. Losman is just too herky-jerky.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
dogunwo;1765976 said:
Wonder if he is still a Trent Edwards fan
He didn't mention Edwards in either session but he did talk about Roethlisberger and Cutler. He expects Cutler to continue to improve.

I forgot this but Jaws said that the last 2 weeks against Philly and the Giants he believed that Romo played his best games and that it shows him that he just gets it.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Gil Brandt, today, said he thinks its:

1. Brady
1. Manning
3. Romo
4. Palmer
5. Roethlisberger

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
Yeah, Jaws have been gushing about Romo and gives lot of props.

Speaking of Cutler, Jaws has lot of positive things to say about Cutler. Jaws believe Cutler has strong arm, makes all the throws and has a huge upside and said give Cutler couple of years and he'll be right up there with top QBs of the league.

khiladi

Reaction score
The fact is nobody in their right mind can hold any other opinion about Romo considering the way he has been playing.

CoCo

Reaction score
khiladi;1766053 said:
The fact is nobody in their right mind can hold any other opinion about Romo considering the way he has been playing.

BINGO!

CoCo

Reaction score
03EBZ06;1766042 said:
Yeah, Jaws have been gushing about Romo and gives lot of props.

Speaking of Cutler, Jaws has lot of positive things to say about Cutler. Jaws believe Cutler has strong arm, makes all the throws and has a huge upside and said give Cutler couple of years and he'll be right up there with top QBs of the league.

I think its very difficult to project how a QB will ultimately develop in the NFL. You can test all the physical measureables but its really hard to measure or project those intangibles that are very important in determining the ultimate effectiveness of an NFL QB.

dogunwo

Franchise Tagged
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;1766005 said:
Why not?

Edwards didn't do anything to lose his job except get hurt.

Edwards showed a lot when he was in there. Losman has pulled out a couple victories over weak oppentents lately but I would guess that when the dust settles come the beginning of next season that Edwards will be the starter for the Bills. Losman is just too herky-jerky.
Edwards might have the tools to be a good QB, but he didnt do anything on Monday night to earn the gushing and man-love Jaws was spewing all over him.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
I heard this as well.

Ron even said that Romo has to be viewed as Elite. He also said before the Season he would have said Carson Palmer was the best QB not named Favre, Manning or Brady but Romo has won him over.

He praised Romo's ability to throw on different platforms and angles.

It is amazing how a franchise can shake off the chains of mediocrity and lackluster performances when it gets a Quarterback.

- Mike G.

Ben_n_austin

Benched
Reaction score
mickgreen58;1766093 said:
I heard this as well.

Ron even said that Romo has to be viewed as Elite. He also said before the Season he would have said Carson Palmer was the best QB not named Favre, Manning or Brady but Romo has won him over.

It is amazing how a franchise can shake off the chains of mediocrity and lackluster performances when it gets a Quarterback.

- Mike G.

I like his moxie, too. That has translates over to the team. When you add Wade Phillips, it's like adding butter to bread.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
mickgreen58;1766093 said:
I heard this as well.

- Mike G.
Much better recap of his interview on Mike and Mike than I provided. Thanks Mick.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
CoCo;1766080 said:
I think its very difficult to project how a QB will ultimately develop in the NFL. You can test all the physical measureables but its really hard to measure or project those intangibles that are very important in determining the ultimate effectiveness of an NFL QB.
Yeah, I agree. I think what Jaws was eluding to is Cutler has all the physical tools to be a very good QB.

gbrittain

Reaction score
Hostile;1765964 said:
This morning on the way to work he was on Mike & Mike. He said that after Peyton and Brady the the QB he would take in all the NFL is Tony Romo.

At lunch he was on the Mike Tirico Show and they were asking him about QBs and and it was brought up about Romo again. He called him "humble" as opposed to some guys who come in expecting that they have arrived. Saying Romo earned it rather than expected it.

You know Hos, I can not get enough of the Romo praise.

I have said many things on this board and have been right about a few things at best.

I know that I have been a big proponent of spending a premium pick on a QB. I thought the odds of Romo making it big were small. I still believe the most likely place to find a franchise QB is in the first round, but of course Romo has proven that is not the only place you can find one.

However, I remember all of the "bus driver" debates and maintaining that the next time Dallas has a team that is considered a Super Bowl contender will be the next time Dallas has a franchise caliber QB.

I will never ever back off the importance of the franchise QB. Sure there are exceptions to the rule such as the Ravens of 2000 for example, but if you want to win the big one and not be a one year wonder you better have a franchise caliber QB.

As long as Dallas has Romo playing at a high level, Dallas will be a contender for years to come.

To all of you franchise QB haters, I did not say a franchise QB can win by himself. It is a team game.

Kind of like a concrete slab underneath the house is not the only thing you need, but good luck without it.

Zman5

Reaction score
We all know Romo is good. Only thing now to prove is that he can do this for a long period of time and let the world know he is not just another Kurt Warner or Jake the fake Plummer.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
gbrittain;1766145 said:
You know Hos, I can not get enough of the Romo praise.

I have said many things on this board and have been right about a few things at best.

I know that I have been a big proponent of spending a premium pick on a QB. I thought the odds of Romo making it big were small. I still believe the most likely place to find a franchise QB is in the first round, but of course Romo has proven that is not the only place you can find one.

However, I remember all of the "bus driver" debates and maintaining that the next time Dallas has a team that is considered a Super Bowl contender will be the next time Dallas has a franchise caliber QB.

I will never ever back off the importance of the franchise QB. Sure there are exceptions to the rule such as the Ravens of 2000 for example, but if you want to win the big one and not be a one year wonder you better have a franchise caliber QB.

As long as Dallas has Romo playing at a high level, Dallas will be a contender for years to come.

To all of you franchise QB haters, I did not say a franchise QB can win by himself. It is a team game.

Kind of like a concrete slab underneath the house is not the only thing you need, but good luck without it.
I too am still firmly on the franchise QB agenda. I don't deny this. I never will, and the chances I will change this opinion are slim and none.

I will also tell you that every year I learn more about what a franchise QB is. I will tell you one thing that I have learned because of Romo. Just being plain likable matters.

I don't think he'd have the same success he had despite the hard work if he were an arrogant jerk.

It's not like this is new to me either, but I tend to forget it and focus on measurables. Brett Favre is so likable that it amazes me that people dislike the guy. The difference is he's also got other intangibles that make him an all time great.

In college at ASU did you know that Jake Plummer would never do an interview unless his starting OL was with him? I have no idea why he abandoned that as a pro, but he bought into his own greatness. It immediately made him less valuable and less likely to succeed IMO. I met Jake one time at a Denny's in Mesa. No joke, he was on a date there. I remember thinking that was pathetic, but in fairness it was really late at night. He was telling his date how amazing he was. Then he said this, "in fact, I'm kind of surprised people aren't asking me for my autograph." It just rubbed me the wrong way, so I said, "that's because you suck."

I once heard a Bears lineman say that Jim McMahon would ask his OL to just give him 4 seconds. He said if they did that he'd make something great happen. he then would turn to his receivers and say, "okay, these guys are going to give me 4 seconds." Just like it was already a done deal, no doubt about it going to happen. They'd have killed themselves for him.

These guys genuinely like Tony Romo and they want to succeed with him. That is what makes him a franchise QB in my opinion. So he doesn't have the pedigree and measurables that I love and always will. So what? He has his team's faith. You can't measure that IMO.