Ron Leary?

robjay04

Reaction score
Just read that he’s a candidate to be released due to his inability to stay healthy.

Interesting indeed though the team doesn’t usually like to go backwards.

robjay04

Reaction score
You're wanting to pick up a player who can't play? Why?

Because he has tremendous chemistry here playing between our two all pro starters and can at the very least add quality depth to an interior line that we struggled to fill this season?

TheDuke

How 'Bout Dem Cowboys
Reaction score
I prefer trying to find someone who isn't coming off a torn achilles.

kskboys

Reaction score
Because he has tremendous chemistry here playing between our two all pro starters and can at the very least add quality depth to an interior line that we struggled to fill this season?
Only if he can play. Since he can't, I have to re-ask, why?

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
The Cowboys were smarter than most of here by letting Leary move on. He does have a degenerative left knee condition along with his achilles woes. Great player with much more than the usual uncertainty regarding his health and future as a player.

kskboys

Reaction score
The Cowboys were smarter than most of here by letting Leary move on. He does have a degenerative left knee condition along with his achilles woes. Great player with much more than the usual uncertainty regarding his health and future as a player.
Plus, you just can't pay OG's 9 mil/season.

I'd rather have a hungry young talented guy w/ health.

kskboys

Reaction score
I prefer trying to find someone who isn't coming off a torn achilles.
Esp on the OL, as that sucker takes a pounding in the trenches.

Honestly, what we need to do is find decent OL backups in the mid/later rounds. However, we need a philosophy change. We are so obsessed w/ OL's who can block on the 2nd level, that they're often not strong enough to hold their own/clear holes at the first level. Arkin, for example. We need to get some big strong dudes who at the very minimum can't be moved.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Would likely come much cheaper now. I’d look at it and it would depend on the costs and injury issues he has been having.

Cowboy06

Professional Positive Naysayer
Reaction score
no players over 30 and no players with injury history... No thanks...let's move along. Shall we?

KingRah

Reaction score
I'd sign him on the cheap. Make the contract easy to get out of.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Just read that he’s a candidate to be released due to his inability to stay healthy.

Interesting indeed though the team doesn’t usually like to go backwards.
The issue is you would have to let someone go on a low contract who has started experience.

For 2019 we already have Martin, Fred, William's, Looney, XSF, and Ehinger all under contract.

Would Leary take a minimal contract and be okay as a backup? I doubt it. If he was then I'd easily swap him in for XSF or Ehinger.