Rookies and 1st & 2nd year players for the Defense

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LVE, Thomas, Jaylon
LVE did not play, so need to see him next week, but I am sure he will be fine. Jaylon getting a lot of playing time in these games. Time to sit him for the rest of the PS. Well I am sure he will play the 1st half next game. sit him in the 4th game. Thomas, adds great and needed depth. Not sure what Covinton has been doing. Didn't hear much about any of the LB's last night. Other than Jaylon all over the place.

Taco, Gregory, Tapper
Taco looking better, getting pressure, making plays and great to see Gregory get in some plays. In an interview after the game, said he was having fun, good to get his feet wet, and wanted more, butt hat will come in time. Tapper got in some plays, but still wonder if he makes the team.

Woods, Jones, Ward, Price
Still do not know what we have here. Woods keeps looking good to make the team. Jones still not sure of, had hopes for him, same for Price, but I think he will be good enough. Ward, needs to play smarter, dumb penalty, he needs to pick it up though. I think he could be better. But it id PS.

Awuzie, Lewis, Woods, others
Awuzie looks to be the real deal here, Woods just needs more reps, the has quietly been having a very good TC from what I read. Even though many on here don't think so. Lewis, his confidence has been shaken, he needs to get that back. I will add Frazier and Thomas in here too. Thomas may make it for St's and KR's, Frazier will be fine too, though fall on the ball, no stop and run with other players around.
Also I will add Jones since he moved to CB, he will be solid once the get game plans together and they get these guys all on the field together.
After that they have nothing. Was hoping to see Kelly and Robinson step up. Maybe they still can.