Root cause of the Problem?

Scranton Tiger

Reaction score
I know this is probably reaching, but thought I would put it out there anyway. Back in week one while watching the Browns game, I remember the commentators talking about how Romo worked in the off season trying to be more relaxed and quiet in the pocket. Wanted to stay away from "happy feet" and stay in the pocket a little more instead of scrambling so much. Well, most of the really big plays last season came when Romo left the pocket. Most of the big plays when he left the pocket went for big yardage to Owens.

Like I said, I know it's a reach. What do you guys think?

The Panch

Reaction score
It's not a reach. He was trying to be Tom Brady and he's not. He's not tall enough and he doesnt have enough velocity with the deep ball. He's at his best when he's on the move.

Eskimo

Reaction score
He can't be like Tom Brady this year because Proctor will get him killed if he is a stationary target. You get happy feet when the pocket is collapsing on you from pressure up the middle.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
Eskimo;2490106 said:
He can't be like Tom Brady this year because Proctor will get him killed if he is a stationary target. You get happy feet when the pocket is collapsing on you from pressure up the middle.

We have a winner! :hammer:

Scranton Tiger

Reaction score
Scranton Tiger;2490030 said:
I know this is probably reaching, but thought I would put it out there anyway. Back in week one while watching the Browns game, I remember the commentators talking about how Romo worked in the off season trying to be more relaxed and quiet in the pocket. Wanted to stay away from "happy feet" and stay in the pocket a little more instead of scrambling so much. Well, most of the really big plays last season came when Romo left the pocket. Most of the big plays when he left the pocket went for big yardage to Owens.
I know quoting yourself is a little silly but .....

NextGenBoys

Reaction score
Scranton Tiger;2490030 said:

Like I said, I know it's a reach. What do you guys think?

I think it is, but thats just my opinion.

You want your QB to stand tall in a pocket. Its one of the main thing coaches try to get their QB's to do. Now, when it breaks down and you need to improvise, by all means do so.