Ross Chastain's video-game move shocked NASCAR colleagues, race team

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's been done before but not like that and not in such a dramatic situation. I'm not a Hamlin fan so I just sat there and watched the last few laps conceding he would make the championship race.

Soon as it happened I jump up and started screaming. Called the family in to watch. Made the prediction it would be the #1 play on SportsCenter the next day. Sure enough it was. I don't have a dog in the fight next Sunday so I'm rooting for...Ross Chastain!

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's been done before but not like that and not in such a dramatic situation. I'm not a Hamlin fan so I just sat there and watched the last few laps conceding he would make the championship race.

Soon as it happened I jump up and started screaming. Called the family in to watch. Made the prediction it would be the #1 play on SportsCenter the next day. Sure enough it was. I don't have a dog in the fight next Sunday so I'm rooting for...Ross Chastain!
That's 8th generation watermelon farmer, Ross Chastain :D

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I'm really surprised nobody's ever done it before. I guess they were more worried about destroying the car if it didn't work.
They recently changed the materials used on the cars (carbon fiber reinforced plastic panels). Old steel and sheet metal wouldn't have worked in the past. The 5 car tried something last year that didn't work.

I expect a new rule against it very soon.