Twitter: Roster Churn: Cowboys release a few

Proximo

Reaction score

Actually never even heard of a couple of those guys. Kinda surprised to see Okpalaugo go already. I can remember reading some encouraging things about him after we picked him up. Oh well.

tayloner

Reaction score
I was wondering when this was going to happen, needed to make space to sign UDFA's.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
i hope this says something good about our new guys. So much for devloping, either you have or it or you dont or you are young. Either way, good luck guys at least you can try for other teams.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You get an idea of how bad some of these guys were when a bunch of 7th rounders and UFA's puts them out onto the street.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's not just that

The 7th rounders and UDFA also bring the hope and the what if........ The allure if the unknown 'maybe'

True.

I don't expect any "Everson Walls-Drew Pearsons" from the UDFA ranks, but I would expect a couple of them will make the team... a couple usually do. The two WR's intrigue me as does the Davon Coleman, the DT.

From the 7th round? I would think a couple won't make the cut. I like the CB. I think the DT and the DE could have some positive impact this season.

visionary

Reaction score
True.

I don't expect any "Everson Walls-Drew Pearsons" from the UDFA ranks, but I would expect a couple of them will make the team... a couple usually do. The two WR's intrigue me as does the Davon Coleman, the DT.

From the 7th round? I would think a couple won't make the cut. I like the CB. I think the DT and the DE could have some positive impact this season.

I am hoping the CB and the 2 DL can make it on the roster and contribute

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I am hoping the CB and the 2 DL can make it on the roster and contribute

From reading scouting reports on the corner, don't you think he's maybe a better fit for this defense? That was my first impression when it came to his skill set.

visionary

Reaction score
From reading scouting reports on the corner, don't you think he's maybe a better fit for this defense? That was my first impression when it came to his skill set.

I agree on the CB and also hope that the 2 DL (Gardner and bishop) can contribute

frickster

Reaction score
The only surprise on there is Kearse. I thought they liked him as a 1. I guess its good news that they think they have some depth.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
This organization seems to be one of the better ones finding gems in undrafted free agency.

Sometimes the undrafted players they sign turn out better than their actual draft picks.