Roster churning I wouldn't mind seeing...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Nose Tackle-- either trade for Colin Cole from Green Bay, or sign Rashad Moore from the Raiders... he had two nice seasons as a spot starter for the Seahawks...

Tight End-- sign Zach Hilton, Saints... a 6-8 receiving threat...

I'd think about trading either Kenyon Coleman or Al Singleton, and I think Miles Austin would be a likely cut, then an addition to the practice squad...

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Hilton I like, but no way on the Austin Cut! I like him he stays :)

On NT what do you think of Orien Harris cut by Pitt I believe

AbeBeta

Reaction score
I think Coleman and Austin better not get too comfortable. I have a feeling that one or both might be gone after tomorrow.

silverbear

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
Hilton I like, but no way on the Austin Cut! I like him he stays :)

On NT what do you think of Orien Harris cut by Pitt I believe

I think he's a little light for a NT, he's much better suited to a 4-3 DT role...

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
silverbear said:
I wouldn't mind signing a Fifita or an Oshinowo or a Jeff Littlejohn to the practice squad...
Actually, I had both those guys on my draft board at some point. I like Fifta, but he could be too short for Parcells taste.

silverbear

Reaction score
Clove said:
Actually, I had both those guys on my draft board at some point. I like Fifta, but he could be too short for Parcells taste.

Gee, and that's what I like best about him, LOL...

Seriously, 5-11 and 325 pounds?? That boy has to be a WIDE load... I have a cousin, half-Italian, and he goes like 5-10, 280-290... that boy's as wide as he is tall... calves as big around as most girls' thighs...

And Fifita's even stumpier and bigger... :eek:

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
But can any of these guys actually play? We just released a "Wide Load" that couldn't get it done.

Watching Pat Williams yesterday... wish we'd signed him instead of Ferguson. Not that I'm unhappy with Fergy, but Pat is a monster.

sago1

Reaction score
I had hoped Cowboys would draft Oshinowo but he was taken by Browns just 2 picks before us. I'd hope Cowboys carefully checking film on his play to compare with Stanley and if he looks promising but a developmental like Stanley, grab for him the PS along with Stanley. One of them should contribute well in 07.

We can't trade Singleton cause he's only OLB we got backing up Ellis now that Boiman was cut. Of course, maybe Burnett could back up both OLB positions which might give him more playing time. Doubt Parcells would move Carpenter any more in his rookie season since it appears he needs develop little more.

cowboyed

Reaction score
We definitely need a solid backup at the nose tackle position. I still believe we have kinks in our armor at center as well. Gurode looked like he was going up another wrung of the ladder until the Vikings game. Al Johnson seems to have more wits than Gurode but not enough arse to fend off the big defenders.

Yes, I know, the Vikings were blitzing more than 7 kinds of wild lemming, but I don't expect opponents to take a laid back posture in the regular season. Football is war with high stakes.

mwmilsted

Reaction score
silverbear said:
Nose Tackle-- either trade for Colin Cole from Green Bay, or sign Rashad Moore from the Raiders... he had two nice seasons as a spot starter for the Seahawks...

Tight End-- sign Zach Hilton, Saints... a 6-8 receiving threat...

I'd think about trading either Kenyon Coleman or Al Singleton, and I think Miles Austin would be a likely cut, then an addition to the practice squad...
How about Mike Haynes at DT? He's a former 1st round pick of the Bears
(2003), maybe another Columbo type prospect. Also, there was talk early this summer between the Vikes and the Cowboys for a trade involving DTPat Williams...any interest here?