Roster experts - How does the OLine depth break down now?

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
Seems like half the people who want to hang themselves over Diggs were the same ones saying last year he wasn’t worth a re-signing. There was quite the mob last year against this man. If Lewis is healthy, and pass rush is still lethal, I honestly think they’ll be fine with Gilmore, Bland and Lewis. Has always felt like Diggs was part of that new #11 mentality, that’s what I’ll miss the most. But this defense is deep as hell.

The position that concerns me is center. Some of you are great at following the practice squad and depth. I think Jumbo was the one who had a pretty good analysis of who was going to play with the Tyler Smith injury? With all these possible injuries on the offensive line, how does it breakdown? I’m not sure they ever really found a replacement for Biadasz?

Assuming worse case scenario and all these players are out — Biadasz, Edoga, Zack, Tyler - is this our line?

LT Tyron
LG Asim
C Harlow/Hoffman?
RG Bass
RT Steele

If Tyron goes out, does Asim go to LT Like the preseason? And who is now LG?

Is there anyone left after that? LOL

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Seems like half the people who want to hang themselves over Diggs were the same ones saying last year he wasn’t worth a re-signing. There was quite the mob last year against this man. If Lewis is healthy, and pass rush is still lethal, I honestly think they’ll be fine with Gilmore, Bland and Lewis. Has always felt like Diggs was part of that new #11 mentality, that’s what I’ll miss the most. But this defense is deep as hell.

The position that concerns me is center. Some of you are great at following the practice squad and depth. I think Jumbo was the one who had a pretty good analysis of who was going to play with the Tyler Smith injury? With all these possible injuries on the offensive line, how does it breakdown? I’m not sure they ever really found a replacement for Biadasz?

Assuming worse case scenario and all these players are out — Biadasz, Edoga, Zack, Tyler - is this our line?

LT Tyron
LG Asim
C Harlow/Hoffman?
RG Bass
RT Steele

If Tyron goes out, does Asim go to LT Like the preseason? And who is now LG?

Is there anyone left after that? LOL
1: Hopefully not all of Edoga, Martin, Tyler Smith and Biadasz are out.

2: Yes, Asim is LG if Bass at RG.

3: Hoffman has been the gameday backup OC. Harlow has started 8 NFL games but some or all were at OG.

4: Asim is the backup LT if Tyler is out. If Tyler healthy then he is the backup LT.

Bostick and Alex Taylor are on the practice squad.

Preseason:
Bostick played LT.
Taylor played RT.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

3: Hoffman has been the gameday backup OC. Harlow has started 8 NFL games but some or all were at OG.

4: Asim is the backup LT if Tyler is out. If Tyler healthy then he is the backup LT.

Preseason:
Bostick played LT.
Taylor played RT.
Thanks X. :thumbup:

plasticman

Reaction score
If Tyron goes down during the game, they will scour the stands.

"Attention! If you are at least 6'2 and weigh at least 300 pounds, are between the age of 22 and 28 and work out at the gym at least three times a week, please report to the Cowboys lockerroom. Kindly dispose of your beer first."

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
If Tyron goes down during the game, they will scour the stands.

"Attention! If you are at least 6'2 and weigh at least 300 pounds, are between the age of 22 and 28 and work out at the gym at least three times a week, please report to the Cowboys lockerroom. Kindly dispose of your beer first."
:laugh: :laugh:

I'm ready Coach! Put me in!

giphy.gif

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

Preseason:
Bostick played LT.
Taylor played RT.
This is my guess on how they would do it based on last year, preseason and Coach Mac's comments on this year's rookies.

If too many injuries, it doesn't really matter. No chemistry anyways. But center still the one that looks most scary.

We have been hurt before in previous years with the flex not working out, hope they can nail this down. Optimistic about some of the young guys.

LT Tyron --> Tyler --> Edoga --> Asim --> Bostick
LG Tyler --> Edoga --> Bass --> Asim --> Harlow
C Biadasz --> Hoffman --> Harlow
RG Martin --> Bass --> Edoga --> Harlow --> Hoffman
RT Steele --> Tyron --> Edoga --> Asim --> Taylor