Roy Williams Scouting report

Bigdog

Reaction score
I knoow that some of you wanted a scouting report on our new Wr. I searched what some people said. This is what I read. He is big, fast, good hands with good body control, and very good leaping ability. The total package. The negatives that I read were lack of concentration at times especially if defense gets to him early in the game and needs to improve on his route running. Hope this helps. The negatives can definitely be corrected in my opinion.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Bigdog;2339806 said:
I knoow that some of you wanted a scouting report on our new Wr. I searched what some people said. This is what I read. He is big, fast, good hands with good body control, and very good leaping ability. The total package. The negatives that I read were lack of concentration at times especially if defense gets to him early in the game and needs to improve on his route running. Hope this helps. The negatives can definitely be corrected in my opinion.

the negatives are pretty minimal, until he runs a wrong route and the CB gets the pick, but I don't figure to see too much of that

I like that he's a big WR w/ good body control, means he doesn't have to be open for you to throw the ball to him, he'll just go up and get it

Bcburns

Reaction score
Looking at highlights, he seems to have long arms with a nice wing span. He's made some impressive one-handed catches.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
Lifetimeboyzfan;2340428 said:
Has anyone found any highlite videos? Not having much luck on my end.

Do they make Lion highlight videos?

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Lifetimeboyzfan;2340428 said:
Has anyone found any highlite videos? Not having much luck on my end.
go to nfl.com,videos,detroit lions,Roy Williams. than switch the year for previous season highlights.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Bigdog;2339806 said:

Since I used to Live in Detroit and follow Lions somewhat closely, Roy Williams can be really darn good. But at the same time can sometimes be a frustrating player dropping easy balls. But then being Michigan fan, that was the same thing about Braylon Edwards. Look how he is turning out, although he had the same issues at begining of the year this year.

And yeah, Roy can be be "Patrick Crayton" ish like someone said. But no doubt, when he is on, he is No. 1 Wr. I am hoping, coming back to his home state and his favorite team, will make him play a lot better.

Face it, seems like anyone who ends in Detroit seem to be setup for failure.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
From what I know of Roy Williams, he is prone to injury at times and has had a few drops, but heck, you could say that about Terrell Owens.

Also, he is also present a very real threat deep.

I work with quite a bit of UT graduates and they were saying that he may not have the best work ethic. Also, one them was saying Limas Sweed supposedly didn't have alot of nice things to say about him. I didn't hear this, maybe some of you did, but supposedly Limas Sweed basically said Roy Williams was not a leader and didn't like mentoring younger receivers.

dfense

Reaction score
RainMan;2340433 said:
Do they make Lion highlight videos?
ha ha exactly. And that's why he's disgruntled. Ask Barry Sanders.

dfense

Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2340492 said:
From what I know of Roy Williams, he is prone to injury at times and has had a few drops, but heck, you could say that about Terrell Owens.

Also, he is also present a very real threat deep.

I work with quite a bit of UT graduates and they were saying that he may not have the best work ethic. Also, one them was saying Limas Sweed supposedly didn't have alot of nice things to say about him. I didn't hear this, maybe some of you did, but supposedly Limas Sweed basically said Roy Williams was not a leader and didn't like mentoring younger receivers.
THat makes sense, from what I've seen from Limas, he didn't get a lot of mentoring.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Surely you guys remember when we played the Lions a few years ago and when the Lions got the ball right before he half, lobbing it up in the endzone to RW over Aaron Glenn was like taking candy from a baby?

RW is a stud. There is no doubt about that. There's a reason he went #7 overall and was nicknamed "The Legend" in college. He ran a 10.5 100m (IIRC) in high school, which is great for his size, or really any size in HS.

I think RCowboy's comparison to Braylon Edwards is pretty good. I think RW is more athletic, though.