Rules and rule changes because of the cowboys.

1Ware1

Reaction score
Let me start out by saying that reguardless of how good our team is,The higher powers of the NFL seem to find a way to penalize us.I have come up with a few and see if you agree with me.

1.Salary Cap-Let's face it,without the cap comeing out the boys would have won atleast 10 outta 12 superbowls from 1993-2005.All the great players throught the league would have been inked by Jerry.Nobody could have afforded to pay them the money they wanted.Small market teams would have been abolished.Alvin Harper and Ron Stone as well as Ken Norton Junior would have had brilliant careers as cowboys.

2.Offensive pass interferance-(Irvin pushoff rule)this rule was put into effect after Irvin came up with a way to create space betwwen him and the defender.This rule only pertained to Irvin for the longest time.Jerry Rice did it way more than Irvin,but no-call.

3.Removeing the headgear on the feild(Emmitt Smith's signature celebration)
nobody gets away with this one

4.Horse-collar tackleing-(Roy Williams Rule)Enuff said they named the penalty after him,Yes it is dangerous,however we are not playing flag football here fellows.Last time I checked it seems that Roy is the only one being called on this.
Rules I see them changeing in the future

1.Offensive head smack-(MBIII RULE)-this will take away the stiff arm and head slap from a runner.Like it or not,the NFL isn't buying into it and they will change the rule,no matter how cool it is when he does it.

2.THE RAT RULE(Shannahan special)Time out a split second before the feild goal.This guys a chump.What a punk move.

Cowboy from New York

Reaction score
Its funny your posting this now, just after the giant game I was talking with my friend and we were remembering all the rules that came out specifically to call against Dallas players. Oddly, even with a reputation for dirty play, nothing like that has come out against the pats.
I believe you should add to your list the Erik Williams hands to the face rule. Although it was there already it was a special emphasis at allCowboy games against Big E. Probably because he used to kick the crap out of Reggie White.

1Ware1

Reaction score
The MBIII rule that will be out next year is the one that will put me threw the roof,Man when Barber does that it charges the team up as well as the fans

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
You forgot the Erik Williams rule...No hands to the face by an offensive lineman blocking a pass rusher.

So we have:

The Erik Williams Rule
The Roy Williams Rule
The Emmitt Smith Rule
The Michael Irvin Rule

I'm not counting the Salary Cap...that was a function of the players wanting (and getting) Free Agency. But I'm sure there are more than that I just can't remember them all.

Edit: The Terrell Owens Rule...No spiking the ball after a first down. I don't know if they put it in just for him but he is the only one who ever gets it called on them.

sillycon

Reaction score
1Ware1;1766664 said:
The MBIII rule that will be out next year is the one that will put me threw the roof,Man when Barber does that it charges the team up as well as the fans

What makes you say that? The stiff arm has been employed for the longest of times now... Why would they take that out now?

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
sillycon;1766703 said:
What makes you say that? The stiff arm has been employed for the longest of times now... Why would they take that out now?
Because the way MBIII does it it is more of a punch than a stiff arm and he uses it more effectively than just about anyone. Ergo a new rule.

sillycon

Reaction score
JackMagist;1766708 said:
Because the way MBIII does it it is more of a punch than a stiff arm and he uses it more effectively than just about anyone. Ergo a new rule.

Well, I still don't see a cause for abolishing that. If MBIII had done that with a closed fist, I can see a penalty being called there (and I've seen it called. Against Kellen Winslow Sr.) However, the hard shove that MBIII uses won't be outlawed. It isn't really dangerous...