RUMOR: First round talent-Failed drug test

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Canadian BoyzFan said:
A couple of things that rang clear to me this week that influenced my mock draft were: Vince Young has done a nice job on his visits around the league. One coach said, 'I was expecting to meet a Michael Vick kind of guy and felt more like I sat down with Donovan McNabb'. Two defensive coaches weighed in on Manny Lawson and described him as a cross between Jason Taylor and Jevon Kearse. Both of those veteran players entered the NFL under 240 pounds. Lawson has weighed anywhere from 241 at the Combine to 233 on his visits. Two players, who I will not mention, have apparently failed a drug test and will not be top choices next week. Unfortunately, one of those players is a clear-cut first-round talent.

Link

The two that failed tests were the Kicker scrifes, and DT Claude Wroten

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
I think I also read somewhere that Wroten has sent out letters to all nfl teams in a similar fashion to Castillo last year to explain the situation, and hoping someone takes a flyer on him in the 1st, which is unlikely.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
AsthmaField said:
Any guesses? I'll take one. Jimmy Williams, Va. Tech.

Williams, wouldnt surprise me although LSU DT Claude Wroten seems to be the guy everyone is zeroing in on and he just had a drug arrest in January

David

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
BigDFan5 said:

Well I was right about one and ignorant of the other.

So I guess I am batting about stupid right now. :p:

CowboyChris

Reaction score
wouldnt suprise me if it was Matt Linehart, he looks like the surfer boy partier to me.

RealCowboyfan

Championship
Reaction score
I know one of the player's that failed the Drug test was Defensive Tackle

Wroten from LSU...

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Paniolo22 said:
I think I also read somewhere that Wroten has sent out letters to all nfl teams in a similar fashion to Castillo last year to explain the situation, and hoping someone takes a flyer on him in the 1st, which is unlikely.

I remember Castillo had a pretty decent story... Injured, needed steroids for the quick turnaround combine workout. I wonder what Wroten is gonna say...

"See, wha ha happen'd was... I had all this weed I picked up from this doctor... I was gonna "distribute" it to all the cancer patients I know. They live in California, it's for medicinal purposes. I made a mistake, please take me in the first round. Peace." Claud