Rumor: Harrison Smith facing pay cut for 2nd straight year

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Oh, I thought you were talking about "snacks" Harrison. Oops....wrong Harrison. I believe they're the same age too.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Hes long in the tooth. Hes a safety. We have several safeties. I don't see him here. I know Kearse will likely be gone but I think Juanyeh Thomas can fill that role nicely if Kearse is gone. Hes a good young player and hes cheap. I like Smith but I just think hes not the answer.

Rayman70

Reaction score
2 guys that are old vets I would bring in here on the cheap are Von Miller and Wagner. Both 1 year deals. They help us immediately. The leadership would be immense on and off the field. I dont think we would see any business decisions on game days. Both fill needs. Then I would swing for the fences for a stud DT via trade or free agent. If we do that and are successful, we can fill in the gaps in the draft. On the offensive side, go get Henry or James Connor.

Carson

Reaction score
Question is though. are these Zimmer guys? Or just excelled under Zimmers scheme.

Parcells had his guys. Vinny, Ferguson, etc.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
2 guys that are old vets I would bring in here on the cheap are Von Miller and Wagner. Both 1 year deals. They help us immediately. The leadership would be immense on and off the field. I dont think we would see any business decisions on game days. Both fill needs. Then I would swing for the fences for a stud DT via trade or free agent. If we do that and are successful, we can fill in the gaps in the draft. On the offensive side, go get Henry or James Connor.
Did you watch von miller last year?

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
Question is though. are these Zimmer guys? Or just excelled under Zimmers scheme.

Parcells had his guys. Vinny, Ferguson, etc.
Smith has talked very highly about Zimmer in interviews and what he’s done for him as a coach

Aven8

Reaction score
For years we couldn’t even luck into a safety and now we have like 5-6 of them. No thanks

conner01

Reaction score
Hes long in the tooth. Hes a safety. We have several safeties. I don't see him here. I know Kearse will likely be gone but I think Juanyeh Thomas can fill that role nicely if Kearse is gone. Hes a good young player and hes cheap. I like Smith but I just think hes not the answer.
Safety I think we are ok. LB, C, and Rb big needs and I hope we get a couple of those filled in FA and maybe in draft too

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
I think we should sign anybody who helps the transition to Zimmer's scheme.