Run-DMC

NeonDeion21

Reaction score
I follow the SEC fairly closely and I think I found myself a new pet cat. His name is Dexter McCluster. The guy is just as explosive as anyone I've seen. He is lightning fast, returns kicks, blocks and is just a playmaker. Not to mention he is a great guy. He is very similar to Reggie Bush out of college but he is smaller. He is spectacular in open space and is dangerous with the ball in his hands. I get that feeling when he touches the ball like I do with Felix. I love this kid.

mccluster.jpg

Dallaslullaby

Reaction score
He looked electric on that touchdown he scored at the cotton bowl earlier - what round will he go?

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
yea I like the kid bring him as our PR an KOR

Height: 5 - 8
Weight: 165
40 T: 4.45
Projection: 5th Round - but I think around the 3-5 round

SCOUT'S TAKE
Pros: Much like Percy Harvin, McCluster is an all-purpose offensive threat that can hurt you running the ball out of multiple formations, as well as lining up at quarterback, receiver and return man. The obvious difference between the two is that Harvin is a much bigger and powerful player, whereas the 5’7’ 160-pound McCluster is a tiny performer, which defenders have a hard time seeing in traffic. Years ago, more NFL teams would’ve shied away from taking a shot on such a small athlete, but as the pro game has slowly evolved to where offenses are now incorporating elements of the Wildcat and various read-option plays, McCluster has some definite value.

Cons: As a receiver, the diminutive weapon has terrific hands to catch the ball away from his body, but might have some problems getting off the line of scrimmage in traditional sets. His size may make him difficult to see on deeper routes, which probably makes McCluster a more viable option on short screens and quick out routes. His ball security has also been suspect when running in traffic. McCluster tends to hold the ball in the wrong arm (opposite sideline) when running down the sidelines. Durability issues do exist here with the senior, who has missed time with shoulder and ankle injuries

Our View: At the next level, the electrifying playmaker projects as a jack-of-all-trades role player who will be at his best with limited snaps. His best assets are his fearlessness in how he quickly reads his blocks and attacks the middle of a defense along with his fluid running style and quickness in and out of his breaks. His second gear in the open field make him a big play threat. If used properly, the little Rebel can excel in a Leon Washington-type role.

2009 Preseason: McCluster is the definition of an all-purpose wide receiver; he can catch, rush, and return kicks. He is immensely fast and agile and shows excellent playmaking ability. McCluster and Florida’s Percy Harvin were the only players to rank in the top ten in the SEC in rushing yards, receiving yards, receptions, and all-purpose yards. McCluster led the Rebels in rushing with 655 yards and in rushing touchdowns with six. He was also tied for the team lead in receptions with 44, while gaining 625 yards and a score. He finished the season seventh in the SEC in all-purpose yards with 98.5 per game. The offense will once again run, and pass, through McCluster in 2009

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
or just pick up the KR an PR

Marshay Green CB as a UDFA hes a senior

5'9 #170

[youtube]EUVU3glBRvc[/youtube]
[youtube]S_BnolhKyc4[/youtube]

Dallaslullaby

Reaction score
if we can get him with our 4th I say grab him

Jerry is getting a good look at him though today

RS12

Reaction score
IMO Felix is a standard size DMC. Would not take him unless it was a tremendous value where he fell. Guys that small usually face short NFL careers.

NeonDeion21

Reaction score
I think he could excel in an offensive that can find creative ways to get him open in space like NE or Pitt.