Running back pool?

Verdict

Reaction score
Who is going to emerge out of this running back room who will actually produce on the field as the most productive back? Are any of them explosive?

Vaughn seems like the most explosive of the bunch but will he get enough touches to make a difference? Will Dalvin Cook learn the playbook and start carrying the torch?

Will Jerry trade for a back a few weeks into the season?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Looking at Rico and Cook, I think these two both have similarities in their game. They're big backs but they have shifty legs

I'm also interested in seeing how Zeke and Cook get along

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Who is going to emerge out of this running back room who will actually produce on the field as the most productive back?

Will Dalvin Cook learn the playbook and start carrying the torch?

RBBC

Yes

No

Chasing6

Reaction score
Who is going to emerge out of this running back room who will actually produce on the field as the most productive back? Are any of them explosive?

Vaughn seems like the most explosive of the bunch but will he get enough touches to make a difference? Will Dalvin Cook learn the playbook and start carrying the torch?

What if we did something like this:

Rotate Zeke and Cooks to keep them fresh.

Example

Week 1 Zeke 10-15 touches, Rico 10, Deuce 5

Week 2 Cooks 10-15 touches, Rico 10, Deuce 5

Give them every other week off.

Zeke - 135 touches
Cook - 135 touches
Rico -170 touches for the year
Deuce - 85 touches for the year

BlindFaith

Reaction score
Cook is still the most explosive back on the team. Even if hes not a 4.3 guy, hes still the threat. Zeke will ball out because hes back home and will be protecting his buddy.

Dowdle is a combination of Cook and Zeke. But hes an injury concern. But he plays special teams.

Duece is just here to accumulate years so he can get an NFL pension. A waste of a roster spot. As much as I despise Goodwin on the roster, at least he plays.

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
Dowdle and Vaughn are the guys that should be getting the most touches since they are the backs who are actually a threat to pick up significant yardage if there is enough space in front of them.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

He’s going with who he has now. They believe Cooks has some left. But to answer your question, we don’t know yet.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Looking at Rico and Cook, I think these two both have similarities in their game. They're big backs but they have shifty legs

I'm also interested in seeing how Zeke and Cook get along
Cook is a totally different player than Rico with nothing in similar.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
What if we did something like this:

Rotate Zeke and Cooks to keep them fresh.

Example

Week 1 Zeke 10-15 touches, Rico 10, Deuce 5

Week 2 Cooks 10-15 touches, Rico 10, Deuce 5

Give them every other week off.

Zeke - 135 touches
Cook - 135 touches
Rico -170 touches for the year
Deuce - 85 touches for the year
Not bad. They're different types of backs so you pick who to feature based off of the opposing defenses, adjust if necessary. As long as nobody gets hurt, they stay fresh, and by the end of the season when the offensive line is coming into its own, we could be looking at a strong running game at the end of the season. I can dig it.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
I would be pretty surprised if Rico didn't lead the team in touches and yards.

Nobody should be shocked if he has 12-1300 scrimmage yards.